2. COFFEE TIME.

PALOMA

Walking down the sidewalk, I finally get to the boutique, pushing the door and stepping inside. I opened this boutique three years ago when I couldn't find a job and decided to start a business of my own. With the little savings I had, I could only manage to stock a few clothes. Now it has grown and even though it's not that big and successful, I love it so much because I have something to call my own.

My parents always add some money to my savings every month for restocking. They've been really supportive all through the years. Viola also comes to attend to the few customers once in a while when I'm busy. Now that I'll be working full time in the office, I need to hire an attendant.

I didn't do much at the office today and saw less of Mr. Jay. I was mostly with his first secretary Mrs. Smith who took me through his appointments, schedules, daily meetings, hotel and flight bookings, coffee flavour, events he frequents and conference calls.

I later got set up in the personal assistant's office right next to Mr. Jay's office and provided with a security pass.

I was given a tour of the offices and most important places to know while working there. I stayed in my office till evening, Mr. Jay not calling for me throughout. He was giving me time to adjust to the new environment and surroundings.

"You are finally back. I need all the details." I hear as i walk down the aisles lined with clothes, seeing Viola attending to a customer.

She gets done and thanks the customer who walks out before she strides over to me. "How was your first day. Are there hot and sexy men there. Was your boss nice, mean or funny. Were there sexy and hot men there. How sexy, on a scale of one to ten?" Her unending questions flow out and I laugh sitting on the bench.

Taking the heels off i throw them on the tiled floor, Viola giving me a glass of water. "Yes there were hot and sexy men." I say just so she doesn't ask about it again.

Paloma starts sqealing, sitting next to me on the bench. "I'm going to be the boss's personal assistant for a month before they hire one. They haven't done shortlisting yet so I'm going to fill in for the position for now."

"So you mean you aren't the secretary like we both knew and now you are a personal assistant for the next one month?" Paloma asks in confusion.

"Yes."

"The boss's assistant, as in Mr. Valentino's personal assistant?" She asks again and i nod my head.

"So that means you are an executive personal assistant." Paloma states still thinking about it. Now she is starting to confuse me with all this.

"What are you talking about?"

"You are working for an executive whose rank is high in the company. In your case, it's the CEO so that makes you an executive personal assistant." She explains in detail and I nod once again, finally understanding what she is talking about.

We go through today's sales and I smile seeing more customers are starting to come to the boutique. "I'm going to have to hire a full time attendant because I'll be busy in the office." I tell her, putting the sales book aside.

"How about I become a full time attendant here, not just on my free time. I know you still haven't budgeted for the new attendant yet and it will have you digging dipper into your pocket. I'm working online anyway, I can do it from here at the boutique. You don't have to pay me, I'm doing this for you as a friend. You only have to promise to give me free apple pies once in a while at the bakery." Paloma offers and I hug her tightly, not knowing what to say. She always comes through for me whenever I need help.