Chapter 3: It's... ALIVE??

O h lord

O h geez
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?

You couldn't understand it, you couldn't comprehend it! The night shifts were going fine until now!! It was like before you knew it the dude on the phone said that they found 'the real deal', you had no idea what that meant until you saw it.
Staring at the camera was the supposed real deal, an animatronic your co-workers picked up and brought here. You could barely make out it's details but... but.. Oh no.. it. It MOVED!!
You spastically flick through the cameras while trying to rationalise the issue. 'There's no way it's actually active right?? That's one of the older models yeah? So.. so there's no way!' Thoughts were racing in your head but a sense of relief flew through when you found the robot on the cameras, it sort of spaced out while you stare at the screen intently until...

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

'Oh lord what now?!' You think quickly while you look up to only see a figure beyond the glass, it appeared bear-like and.. limping? You were confused until the bear suddenly ducked down, you sigh thinking you were just seeing things then...
'SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeerrr..'
"AHH!! OMG! WHAT THE HELL!?!" You shriek sending yourself backwards away from what jumpscared you. As you try to collect yourself you catch what scared you, it was the limping bear! And it.. faded away? It's not... real??
A frustrated sigh escaped your lips as you fix your position on the chair and picked up the tablet. There was no feed on the screen, confused you tried tapping the screen.. no response. You tried looking for buttons, nothing there. Panic was surging back it's way through you as you try desperately to fix the tablet when you see it...

It's right there
Behind the glass
The glass that leads to the doorway
The doorway to you

Oh.. oh lord no...
You freeze at the sight, you had no idea the first robot you ever get to meet in person would look like this and in these circumstances. It was tall with noticeable wear n tear. One long rabbit ear on one side of it's head while the other is in half.
It's clearly a rabbit, a Bonnie perhaps There's?
There's a large gap in it's chest? Stomach? That displays what seems to be... red and lumpy stuff, you don't even want to know what it is...
You stare at it completely frozen and unsure of your next course of action is, your mind was unforgiving however. You mind was swarming with thoughts, saying it's all over and this is where it all ends while it's also trying to look for possible exits and escape ideas. Your overthinking was distracting until you heard it move "WAIT!" You yelp, wait why did you do that? The robotic rabbit stops it's movement and looks to stare at you again, you've captured it's attention.. now what?

Hang on.
You think back to the research you did at home. The victims. Could it possibly? No way it's too far fetched, is it even possible? But what else could it be? You and the rabbit continued to have a staring contest while you rack your brain for a plan. You look at the clock on the desk.. 4.35am. Okay maybe, maybe just talk to it? Pfft yeah because that's a great idea. You didn't notice until you hear foot steps close in on you, you swing your head to the direction of the sound to see IT MOVING TOWARDS YOU.
Instincts kick in, you hop off your chair and use it to keep the rabbit from coming closer. You could see it looked.. amused? What? Ignoring it's face you quickly shove the chair into robot causing it to stumble backwards surprised. You dash past him deeper into the building hoping to find a hiding stop to at least call for help! As you're running you hear loud clanks on the floor speeding towards your location. You can feel the blood drain from your face as you hear it get closer so in quick succession you threw yourself behind a line of arcades and covered your mouth to keep yourself quiet.

The foot steps slow down as it starts sauntering to your hiding spot, almost like it knew you were hiding there. You can't handle the anxiety of being caught, there has to be a way to keep going!
It's in the same room as you now, moving the arcades slightly to peek behind them. How convenient that it decided to start at the end where you weren't hiding, you started to lose hope. You're practically cornered and you can't think of a way to escape.

It's getting closer

'What do I do?!'

And closer

'Please there has to be a way!!'

Almost there

'Please'

...

...

DING
DING

DING
DONG

'What? What happened? Where'd it go?'
The sounds of the rabbit were replaced with chimes of 6am. The sound of your shift ending. 'Does.. Does this mean..?' You think while you peak out from behind the arcades, certainly there was no rabbit waiting for you but an empty space of where it used to be. You could feel your knees begin to weaken when you realise you're safe "I... I'm okay! Omg I'm okay!!' You feel relief wash over you, completely satisfying you as you stand up and walk back to the office to grab your things then you a note stuck to another tablet on the left side of where your chair should be, confused to take the note and it says 'use this next time'.
You face the screen of the tablet to see a menu of rebooting options and saw your video feed need rebooting. You face palmed and sighed frustrated "Of course there was a tablet that could've probablt solved a lot of issues I had today" you say to yourself as you grab your things and get ready to leave the building to another worker but before you left you turn back "HEY! THANKS FOR THE TIP!" You shout into the halls, hoping whoever wrote the note heard it.
With that done you leave the building to go get some much needed sleep and much needed processing of what just happened.

You hope it's not like for the rest of your shifts.