16

"Marcus!" Amelia had been outside his door for what felt like ages, banging her fist against it, "Open up, please!"

Minutes past, Amelia sighed and looked down at her hand. The side of it an angry red, reflecting her emotions. Her journal had opened up the possibility to her of having a second chance mate, and with Marcus' gift she'd have the answers.

"He's not in his chambers." Amelia's head snapped over to where Demitri stood. She raised her eyebrow,

"Oh, where is he?" She asked letting her feet move towards him.

"I was sworn by Master Marcus not to say." Demitri went to walk past her but stopped when she grabbed his cloak.

"Why?"

"Because I was sworn to not disclose his location," Amelia raised an eyebrow, he spoke as if he was on a script.

"Not to disclose to anyone or to just me?" Demitri looked as if he was a deer in the headlights.

Demitri turned to make a run for it, only making a couple steps before he was tackled. He let out a yelp in surprise and he was knocked to the floor. Amelia wrestled with him on the floor, "Tell me!"

Demitri struggled against the surprisingly strong girl, but then again he personally witnessed her strength against Edward Cullen, "No," he grunted as he tried to get her off him, "I swore to Master- OH!" Amelia had him pinned face down against the ground, his body pinning his right hand under his chest and his left arm pinned by her knee.

"Tell me."

"How the fuck did you-?"

"My father was chief of police, did you really think that you could win?"

"I am a Volturi guard in the highest ranks, trained to protect my masters- OW!" Amelia pressed her knee down harder.

"Then why are you pinned down by a little girl that's shorter than you?"

"Fine, Fine! He's in the garden, the rose bush!" That didn't make sense for a moment but then it clicked,

-

Amelia and Marcus walked next to each other through the garden, chatting lightly.

"When Didyme was alive, the garden was her favorite." Amelia smiled softly, enjoying their time together. Listening to him talk about his past love, the far away look in his eye, the love struck smile, it made Amelia's heart warm. But at the same time, made it break. Behind that far away look she could see his loneliness, his pain, his sadness, "she had always made sure the garden was full of life, compared to the death that happened inside so often."

"It's one of the things that's never changed, the garden has never changed." Marcus smiled at Amelia softly,

"Never did. Not even here." He stopped in front of a rose bush,

"A rose bush?" He just smirked at Amelia and gently reached through the bush and turned a knob that would easily be mistaken for a rose.

"This is somewhere she would come to be alone, to escape everything that goes on inside, her special place."

Amelia placed a hand on his forearm, stopping him from opening the door, "Marcus, if this is your place for her, if this is her special place I don't have to see it. It's okay,"

Marcus smiled and placed a hand over top of hers, "Didyme would want me to be happy. And I'd be happy to show you,"

-

Amelia stood in front of that rose bush where he had taken her that day. Amelia sighed and gently pushed her hand to the door knob and stepped inside. She closed the door behind her and looked around the room, if it can be called that. It was just a cut out of the rose bushes that create an open space, there was a fountain in the middle with a couple of benches. Nothing extravagant but it was peaceful. She saw Marcus sat on a bench, bent over with his hands in his hair.

"You've been avoiding me." Amelia's voice made his head snap up to look at her. He scoffed and went back to his previous position,

"I wasn't avoiding you, I was thinking."

"About what?"

Marcus sat there for a moment, deliberately.

"Marcus, what are you thinking about?" He still didn't move, "Marcus!"

"For the love of everything holy, shut up!" Amelia gaped at him as he stood up and marched over to her.

"Who do you think you're talking to like tha-" her words were cut short as Marcus grabbed ahold of her chin and pulled her lips up to his.

——

I'm back (finally) also I don't remember (nor could I find it) if I put her height so if I did please correct me.