why me?

When it came to things she wished to do, Kate didn't know much. She wanted to grow old, have a successful career, and have a family who'd miss her when she finally passed. Things never really work out too well for the girl, though.

Kate sighed, standing in front of her bathroom mirror. She'd like to think she's pretty, but really, her looks barely stand out. She had shoulder length black hair, which she'd dyed a streak of yellow, hazel eyes, and tan skin. She was 5'7, above average height, and weighed an average weight for her age. Now, she herself only recently just turned 15, and was your average highschooler.

Breaking out of her trance, she splashed her face with water, and sighed. She'd recently finished a manga she liked, and its sequel; the names of the manga being Naruto, and Boruto respectively. Now, the sequel wasn't finished, but she loved it so far.

She reached to open the medicine cabinet, and grabbed a facial cream out of it, squeezing some onto the palm of her hand, and rubbing it on her face. She washed the excess of her hand, and exited the bathroom.

"Mom, are you done cooking?!"
Her mom, ever so kind, answered "Not yet, brat! This recipe will take another hour, so go hang out somewhere! I'll call you when I'm done!"
"Alright! Thanks for making this for me, Ma!" She called out, rushing down the stairs to slip her shoes on, "Okay! I'll be back in an hour!"

Kate never did come back.
On her way to an arcade she liked to hang out at, she was mugged.
The bastards had thought she was an adult, and adults have money.
Kate did not.
They killed her.
She never got to live out her simplistic dream.
How disappointing.

Wouldn't it be funny if this was like one of those fanfictions I've read?

————————<A/N Time!>———————
So, what did you guys think? It was short, I know, but I've had this idea for a while, and I need to get over my writers block!
I hope you all enjoy the ride.