[1]A Memory Turned Nightmare: Nuka-World

[1]A Memory Turned Nightmare: Nuka-World Part 1

Sometimes, no matter how good or powerful or safe CJ was in the wasteland at times, he still wished his old life was back. Which is sorta selfish to wish for considering almost every person in the wasteland and Commonwealth just didn't have the luxury of at least sleeping without a gun underneath their pillow. Then again, who had it worse? Him, who had experienced a small part of his life in something good to have it taken away in one of the worst ways ever. Or the people of the commonwealth who didn't even get to experience those good things, but only knew about them, they could dream about them, but there was no real loss there besides what the wasteland did to them. He immediately went to say the people had it worse. At least he used to have good things, no matter how awful the circumstances were for him.

But that didn't deter him from wishing for a few drops of his childhood, a few sips of something nostalgic to give him a breath of happiness.

That's not to say that he regrets the people he met. He certainly doesn't regret meeting Nate, or Preston, or Hancock, or MacCready(Mac), or Daisy, or Codsworth, and especially not Aila. They were the good part of the wasteland, the best parts. They were every reason he had to keep living and fight for something.

It's just a little hard to ignore his parents and siblings, their apartment, and their peaceful faces in death. Well... after the fact anyway. So right now? He needed to be with people, and maybe talk to Nate about this. All of the Sole Survivors had to watch family die, he just had to watch his die multiple times over and be killed by them a few times and kill them once or twice before they actually died for good- by his own hand.

It wasn't your fault, a small voice in his head whispered as he scanned the wasteland, in the early hours of the morning, making sure it was all clear before walking out of Concord and up the road towards Nate's Red Rocket Station. You didn't ask for this. You didn't want it. You didn't set up the code.

"But I'm the one who pushed the button," he bitterly muttered.

You know what would've happened if you hadn't. He chose to turn on the Diamond City radio on his Pip-Boy to distract his brain from these thoughts.

The song, I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire, by The Ink Spots started to play and he felt himself settle into his own body as he continued down the road, just past Nate's Red Rocket station. Which was empty with the exception of Nate's room he built in the garage. It was a cozy place. With a bed in the center back, pressing up against the back wall, power armor to the left of it, near the door on the left wall, and a Nuka-Cola machine to the left of the bed in the right back corner. There was a threadbare and slightly torn, red rug sitting in the center of the garage, a small corner of it stuck under the bed. A couple magazine racks sat near the workstation that was against the center of the right wall. They were full of nearly perfect condition magazines from before the bombs. There was a small table with 3 chairs around it near the front left corner of the garage, near the garage door. And to top it off was the Minuteman flag above the bed.

"I gotta get Nate to come over and give my Red Rocket a makeover, damn boy what a cool setup." CJ doubts he'd be able to even lift a Nuka Cola machine into his garage(Where a bed, a workshop, a couple shelves with scrap items, and a tool-rack nailed to the wall sat). He wanted a place like this to call home. Some sort of settle-down spot. "Maybe I could convince Nate to hand over the keys to Home Plate at Diamond City, he rarely over goes there anyways and it's massive.(Hey if you don't know what these places look like, just look 'em up.).

CJ saw the slightly busted bridge to the Sanctuary when he heard a small 'blip' from his Pip-Boy and turned the device over on his wrist to find a new radio signal.