[13]A Memory Turned Nightmare: Nuka-World

==============================================

It seems like the Disciples are as apprehensive as the new Overboss as he was of them. And it seems like they think he needs to get on their good side, not the other way around. This place had no hint or hierarchy at all and that could work really well and really bad in his favor. There was too much unpredictability. It was too hard to see what would happen if he made certain choices, but CJ guessed he could figure something out. Without dying, preferably.

Now without saying, the hollowed-out inside of Fizztop is huge, and can easily fit the entire Disciple gang. There are wooden shacks built everywhere and on top of one another. The control room for the power generator grid in the center of Fizztop also has wooden shacks built on top and around it. Heads on spikes and gore cover about 70% of the place. A very decorative gang, aren't they?

The smell certainly doesn't feel welcoming.

As he poked around a bit, he noticed that most raiders were sitting near where the entrance was, chatting at tables or playing card games. I wonder what raiders play? Slap-Scavver? Go-Shoot? Texas Stab-Em Poker? CJ smiled a little at his own jokes as he observed the area some more, finding a terminal that was labeled as an Announcements Terminal. Anything Nisha announces is on the terminal.

As he clicks through, he finds the entries, but there are really only two. One stating rules and the other titled New Overboss. Ooh spill the tea, he thinks in a heavily girlish voice.

Just a reminder, we have one rule here at Nuka-World. You kill someone from another gang? Don't get caught. If I see evidence of ANYONE here violating that rule, I'll take care of you personally.

-Nisha

Well, that certainly lifts hopes for a peacefully unified force. It looks like Nisha's encouraging her raiders to kill people from other gangs, just as long as they didn't get caught doing so. There had to be no evidence of the Disciple's ruining the pact at all.

Which kinda works in his favor, thinking about it. If he can get the raiders to turn on one another entirely, then that's like half of CJ's job done and done.

There is another entry though.

So we just got ourselves a new Overboss. Our one rule still applies. Anyone has a problem, they can take it up with me.

-Nisha

Ah, that might be a little more problematic. Because that would mean that CJ isn't exempt from that rule. He didn't think he would be, but what can he say, he's a hopeful drifter at heart.

After reading through the terminal and seeing nothing else of importance, he makes his way back towards the double doors, ready to leave Fizztop while he hasn't had any big problems so far. Not like he thinks the Disciples are unruly hosts or anything. He just thinks he'll see himself at the door.

Someone siding up alongside him nearly causes CJ to jump out of his boots.

"With all those mirrors to spend time in front of, I'm surprised the Operators still don't know they look like fools. Bless their little hearts," Dixie tells him out of the blue, as she follows him to the door, messing with a knife that's worn past rusty. "When you give 'em a visit, you'll have to tell me how long it takes until they mention caps to you, won't you sugar?" CJ glanced at her, reminding himself that his scarf was surely in place.

"I dunno, going for money isn't the worst idea in the wasteland." The blonde woman groaned a little, throwing her head back dramatically.

"I guess. But what's the fun in a cap or two when you could be chasing people down and working with the only thing we're all addicted to here." CJ tried to slip into a bloodlust mindset. He tried to remember what it was like to shoot that scientist in Vault 112. Did he feel pleased with himself? No. But, he did remember what it was like to get a good couple of heavy hands on that Pack member earlier. Especially after he ran his mouth about Aila and RJ. He remembered the feeling of gasoline-ignited temper.