32. England

Few days later-

You were sitting on a bench out in the lawn, reading your favorite book. For a moment, the sunset in front of you piqued your interest, so you looked at it and smiled.

"____?" someone called. You turned around and saw England standing at a distance. You smiled at him as he came over to you.

"Mind having a cup of tea with me?" he asked.

"Sure!" you agreed, smiling brightly.

He led you to a square shaped concrete pavement. You sat down on a chair comfortably. Ceylon tea and sandwiches were nicely arranged on the table. A vase of roses made it look way better.

"Fine dining, huh?" You giggled. 

"Pretty much." He sat down and you copied.

"So, anything new?"

"Not really." you shrugged, "I was just reading a book."

"What it's about?"

You smiled and started briefly explaining the plot to England. While you did, he stared at you attentively. You liked how genuinely interested he was. You didn't have many friends who were interested in books. This was reassuring for you.

"And so, that's how the story goes!" you concluded.

"Sounds good. I'll try reading it sometime."

"Yeah, I'll lend it to you when you need it." you said.

"That'd be great." He took a rather big sip of his tea, kept it down and called, "Hey." 

"Yeah?"

"Like the tea?" he asked as he gave you an expectant look. There's no way you could say no to that look.

"Yes! Ceylon tea, right?" you guessed.

"Right. You had this before too?" he asked as he fiddled around with a spoon.

"Yeah, this was available in our town's market for a while until it started getting expensive." you said, "But, I'm glad that I'm drinking this again."

"I see." He smiled as he stared at you once again.

You took one of the sandwiches and bit into it. It tasted really good. You glanced up at England who was staring at you. You waved a hand in front of his face. He blinked and then blushed slightly.

"Oh, I spaced out. I'm sorry." He apologized.

"No problem, but are you okay?" you asked.

"Yeah."

"By the way, did you make this sandwich?" 

"Yeah, how does it taste?" He asked, giving you that expectant look once again. 

"It honestly tastes better than any store bought sandwich, trust me." you grinned.

"Oh wow, that's good to know." he smiled shyly as he ruffled his hair. And you almost "aww-ed" because he looked totally adorable.

You resumed to drinking your tea. Silence followed and you looked around. England got up from his chair and held his hand out to you,

"We're going to do something really nice." 

You took his hand and followed him to another place with a little light. By now, the sun had set and everything was dark and quiet. Arthur brought out a vinyl record player, put in a vinyl record and put the needle on it. 

It then started playing some nice sounding music. 

"Woah, that's some nice piece of music." You commented, flashing him a huge smile.