Chance Meeting

3rd Person POV

The triplets and the reader are 15 at the time <3

15 years has gone by as Casita was formed, their encanto made. At the age of five the triples were given a door, each blessed with a gift. Julieta the oldest, was gifted with power to heal any injury with her cooking. Pepa the middle child was gifted with the power to control the weather but it’s connected to her emotions. Finally Bruno the youngest was gifted (but to him it feels like a curse) with the power to see into the future. However, unlike his sister he doesn’t like using his gift because to everyone else it leads to bad things. People would stand clear of his path and avoid him at all costs. He would usually stay in his room, in his vision cave. Making friends with the rats that lived inside. 

On this fateful day, Bruno wasn’t in his tower as he was getting food for him and his rats. As he was about to enter the kitchen when his mother called for him. 

“Brunito, can you get the door please. It must be the new pottery the (L/N)s made for Casita they become lovely every time.” His mother, Alma said before kissing his cheek. Leaving Bruno alone in the room he slowly walked to the door (With the help of Casita), his heart beating as he made contact with the doorknob. He crossed his fingers as he held his breath before exhaling as he tried encouraging himself. He opened the door but became awestruck. In front of him stood a young girl, from the looks of it, who was around the same age as him. She wore a bandana, like a headband, an apron dress, and flats (You can pick the colors). In her hand was a box, most likely filled with pottery. But what surprised him the most was that she was smiling at him.

“Hola, I don’t think we’ve met, you must be Bruno. I’m (Y/N) (L/N).” The girl, now known as (Y/N) said, a smile still plastered on her face. Bruno was still flabbergasted, it took him a few seconds before he composed himself. 

“Ah yeah I-I’m Bruno.” He said nervously looking down, playing the hem of his poncho to distract him. But he mentally started beating himself, she already knew his name. But when he looked up she still had a smile. 

“Well, here’s your delivery, there’s cups, plates, and vases. Would you need help getting them inside?” She asked him. He quickly shook his head, but chuckled awkwardly, not wanting her to get the wrong idea. If he stayed any longer with her, his heart would burst out of his chest… in a good way. 

“N-no I think I could handle it.” He said, nervously as he reached for the box. When he went to grab the box their fingers touched causing him to flinch, but the weight on the box brought him back as he accidentally let go of the box. His heart dropped, it felt that time slowed down as he could only watch the box fall. But two hands grabbed the box before it could hit the ground. 

“I-I’m sorry I-I almost made your hard work go t-to waste.” Bruno said, as he awaited her screams. He felt his hands shake as he brought them closer to his chest. 

‘It’s always Bruno who makes things worse.’ He thought sadly but they were caught off as he heard laughing. 

“It’s fine, I expected it from newcomers, your Mamá and Hermanas did the same. People tend to think it weighs like a feather. I’ve been delivering for years so I’ve gotten used to the weight.” The girl laughed, showing off her muscles, still smiling at him. She walked past him and headed towards the kitchen where she placed the box on the counter. He followed her and watched as she unpacked the items and with the help of Casita was able to put the things in their proper places. Seeing a beautiful candle holder leave the kitchen, most likely bringing it to his mother. He watched as Casita brought a clock to her.  

“Gracias Casita. Well, look at the time I need to head back for my next delivery. It was nice meeting you Bruno, I hope I see you around.” She smiled, before heading out the kitchen. Bruno could only softly wave as he eyes followed her figure, he was brought back once heading the doors of Casita shut closed.