Confrontation

Happy reading 💕
Continuation

Neil: Kab tak chupane ka iraada tha?? Bol do, tab aaunga mai..

Shocked would be an understatement for what Mini was feeling then, Her head shot up in his direction, and by the sight of it, she was broken, and she knew he was, too.. She stood up and walked to him with wavering steps..

Neil: Bolo na, tell me.. Kab bolne vali thi?? I'll go now, and come then.. Tab aaunga..

He said, hurt clearly laced in his voice with subsided anger which he covered with sarcasm.. That was when her helpless eyes met his enraged ones, but Neil wasn't going to stop today, it was too late to do anything.. Neil couldn't understand why his blood was boiling, he was indeed hurt that she hid it from him, but he had faith that she had a reason. He was angry on himself was not able to be there for her when she needed him the most, but he didn't know what to do now, he was hurt, angry, confused, guilty, everything a person could feel right now and that was bringing out the worst of him..

Mini (quivering voice): Neil.. Listen..

Neil: I'm here to.. Please bolo.. Ye nahi ki kya kya hua tha, ye ki mujhe batane ke liye, mujhse share karne ke liye tumhe kisne roka.. Why??

Mini was confused about how he knew about everything..

Mini: Neil.. Tumhe kaise?? I mean...

Neil: Jaise bhi ho Mini, tumse to nahi pata chala, aur ab vo jaanke koi faayda bhi nahi nahi so tell me.

His eyes were teary, and hands shivering.. She was worried about his health right now, he was angry and she knew it's not good for him right now. But also that he wouldn't stop until he gets all his answers, she shut her eyes for a few seconds before looking at him again..

Mini: Neil, mai tumhe batana chahti thi, par at that time, I couldn't afford to.. Tumhara health, doctor ne bola ki tumhe koi strss nahi lena hai, koi tension nahi....

Neil (lost all his patience): I seriously don't care about my health, I DON'T!!!

Mini (shouting as well): BUT I DO NEIL!!! I DO!!! (voice turned soft) I do!!! Mere liye usse zyada kuch important nahi tha Neil!! Nothing!! And I know for a fact, ki tum uss time kitna tension lete..

Neil: To isliye nahi bataya?? Ye bhi nahi socha Mini, ki I needed to know ki tum kaisi thi?? How were you even dealing with all this?? All alone?? Vo bhi batana zaruri nahi samjha?? (his voice came out as soft as a whisper) 

Mini (cupping his face): Neil please!! Calm down!! Mai akeli nahi thi!! The entire family was with me, Sab the mere saath!! 

Neil: Par phir bhi tum akeli thi!! Hai na?? Jhut mat bolna Mini

He declared when she was about to say no.. He knew it.. He just did.. He walked a few steps away, and rubbed his forehead, she came next to him..

Neil: Hai na?? I'm right.. 

She pried her eyes away, he held her chin gently with his finger and turned it towards him.. 

Neil: Dekho mujhe!

He insisted, and she did..

Neil: Kyu Mini?? Tumne tab nahi bataya thik hai!! Almost ek hafte tak mai hospital me tha na Mini?? I was completely fine, it was just the wounds.. Tab to bata sakti thi na mujhe?? You could have shared it with me.. (he turned to the other side) Par nahi.. Tumhe to mere aas paas bhi nahi rehna tha na??

He shut his eyes to control himself, and all his questions which desperately needed answers, she slowly held his shivering hands and he softly jerked it away.. And for the first time in a few days, she shed tears freely, without controlling them.. Both of them were crying their hearts out.. 

Neil (still crying): Mini, shayad tum share karna nahi chati thi....

Mini (interrupting): Kya bole jaa rahe ho Neil!! DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF??? 

Neil: I CAN!!! Aur agar karna chahti thi to kiya kyu nahi?? 

He fell on his knees and broke down there... She was heartbroken seeing him in that condition.. She sat down on her knees and tried to calm him down but all in vain.. She remembered Preet saying "Aur jiss din usse pata chalega na, uska outbreak koi nahi rok payega!! Na tu! Na mai! Aur na hi koi aur!!" She was scared now, she knew for a fact that there are hundreds of thoughts going on in his mind right now.. He wiped his tears and looked her in the eyes..

Neil: All I wanted is to be there for you when you needed me Mini!! And I couldn't do just that.. Why?? Why did something like that happen jisse tumhe mujhse apne aansu, apne dard chupana pada?? Didn't I deserve to know ki tumpe kya beet rahi thi?? Atleast didn't I deserve to know ki tum apne aap ko mujhse dur kyu rakh rahi thi?? Itne din?? 

Mini: Neil!! Please mat bolo aise!!

Neil: No mini!! Let me tell it!! Itne din, almost ek hafta hospital me ye soch soch ki pareshaan ho raha tha ki aisa ho kya gaya hai, ki tum mere aas paas bhi nahi rehna chahti thi??

Mini: Neil!! You know aisa kuch bhi nahi tha na..

Neil: Now I know Mini, but that time?? I was not aware of a single thing!! 

Mini looked everywhere but in his eyes until he said this.. She hadn't realised that it had so deeply affected him, her absence had affected him to such a great extent..  She now felt that her decision was so wrong of leaving him alone, and there he was blaming himself that she was alone and for not being there with her..

Neil: Bass ye ek chiz bol do Mini... Kyu itne din se mujhse baat tak nahi kiya tumne?? Kyu itna sab kuch akeli sehti aa rahi thi tum?? Why?? Why did you have to do this all by yourself??

Mini: I'm sorry Neil!! I know mujhe aise tumse dur nahi jaana chahiye tha, par mai kya karti?? Mujhe dekhte hi tum bol dete ho ki kuch problem hai.. And I couldn't afford to give you any more tension, No Neil!! Not possible..

Neil (chuckled dryly): Kis mitti ki bani ho yaar tum?? Itna sab kuch akele jhelte hue bhi, you're telling me ki you couldn't afford to give me any tension?? Itni achhi kyu ho yaar tum?? Why do you even treat me like I'm the most perfect person on this earth?? Mujhe itna importance mat diya karo please!! Itni achhi kyu ho tum???

Mini: Kyuki mera pyar tumhare liye, tumhare pecfect hone ne hone se koi lena dena nahi hai, and by saying that, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MAKES ME FEEL PERFECT NEIL!!! Aur itna kuch to tum bhi jhel rahe the na?? Operation tumhara hua tha Neil!! Memory loss tumhara hone wala tha!!

Neil: Par dil tumhara tut raha tha na Mini!! I was oblivious to everything, and I know, I know ki sometimes knowing gives more pain than not knowing!! Tum mujhe nahi bhi batati na Mini, tab bhi mujhe lag hi raha tha ki kuch toh hua hai, jo mujhe ko nahi bol raha!! Par aisa kuch hua hoga!! I didn't even imagine!! Kaise handle kar paayi tum ye sab Mini??

Mini: Tumhari vajah se...

Neil: Matlab??

Mini: Trust!! Hope!! Faith!! You know?? Inn sab ka matlab to tumne sikhaya tha mujhe Neil!! Mere liye hamesha Hope jhuti umeed tha, par tumne mere liye Hope ka matlab hi badal diya.. ANd you know?? Agar ye Hope uss din mere saath nahi hota, to na jaane kya ho jaata....

Neil: Chup!! Kuch bhi mat bolo tum.. Par Mini, ek baat!! Bas ek baar mujhse ye boldo, ki kyu ye sab tumse jaanne ki bajaye, Kabir se jaanne ki nobat aa padi??

And Mini's face changed at the mention of Kabir!! 

Mini: Kabir se??

TBC 🥰

Precap: Mineil reunion!! Kabir arrested!!