˗ˏ𝟭𝟱➶˚. 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬 *ೃ・゚

⋆◦⋅𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟺⋅◦⋆

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

Given that it was the your last day in New York, Kate took made sure that she made it as fun as possible. The dogs, Fanny and Lucky, seemed to bond with each other quickly, surprising both you and Kate. 

Kate showed you around all the places you mentioned that you wanted to visit when you and Yelena sneaked into her house and met each other for the first time.

"You remembered," you turned to her with a soft smile, your hair blowing back from the wind.

"Huh?" Kate stumbled forward when Lucky increased its footsteps, gripping the leash firmly.

"The places I told I wanted to see," you elaborated, "You remembered them,"

"Uh, yeah," she dipped her head down for a second, looking back up at you with a smile, "I mean, you did say you wanted to see them. I guessed you'd have me as your tour guide," she joked.

"Oh," you grinned in amusement, gesturing a hand forward, "By all means. Lead the way."

Kate shook her head with a beam, taking a step forward, "Next stop, Rockefeller Centre,"

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾

The tree of still up, given that it was just two days after Christmas. People still cluttered around the giant tree, taking pictures together. You were here a few days ago, set to kill Barton, but things don't always go as we please.

You and Kate came to a halt beside a streetlamp, as you looked up at the tree in awe. You were so busy with your mission that you didn't get to really spend time in momentary happiness.

"Quick question," Kate paused, running her tongue on the side of her cheek, "When you said you liked me," She referred to your chats, "Did you mean like in a, um," she trailed off, unable to find the right words, "Romantic kind or," she flattened her mouth into a thin smile, "Like are you even into girls in the first place?"

You screwed her face in thought, "I mean," you lifted your shoulders in a shrug, "I don't know to be honest. I like men, but sometimes they're annoying and difficult to put up with. But I also like women, 'cause you can just click with them. There's a mutual understanding of several things and—" you stopped yourself, shaking your head, "If you're asking about my sexualily preference, then, I don't know. It's yet to be discovered. I'm unclear myself," you added with a sheepish wince.

Kate chuckled softly at this, finding your facial expressions adorable, and dropped her gaze to your lips for a fraction of a second before looking past you.

"Five! Four!" the people began to countdown together.

"Oh," You looked around in amusement, sipping on your drink and setting it on the table beside you.

"Come on, Kate," she encouraged herself, shaking her head to push away the nervousness. 

"Three! Two! One!" the crowd finished the countdown.

You noticed anxiety written all over the archer's face, "Kate, are you—"

The remaining words were silenced when Kate slipped an arm around your waist and pressed her lips against yours, almost hesitantly, surprising you woman greatly. She felt her self-esteem lower when you remained frozen.

But she smiled when you roped her arms around her neck, pulling her close to yourself and deepened the kiss. The kiss was soft and gentle, both of you cherished this moment since you both didn't know when you would be seeing each other again.

 "Happy New Year!" The crowd cheered before the couple began to kiss their loved ones with bright expressions.

Kate moved her hands up your body to cup your cheeks as you both pulled back for air, having similar amused yet relieved expressions.

"You'll come back, right?" Kate questioned hopefully, stumbling slightly when Lucky tried to walk forward but pulled back the leash just in time.

"Yeah," your lips twisted into a shy smile. You glanced down at Fanny and you could swear that you saw your dog smirk up at you in a teasing manner.

"Great," she grinned at you, leaning forward to peck your lips again.

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾