Chapter 8

"Is it too much to ask for at least a month of peace?!" Montmorency ranted as she, Kirche, and Guiche exited the tower. The blonde was fuming, "It's only been a week and I've been covered in more dust and water than I would've like!"

"As long as Zero is still here? Probably not," Kirche shrugged "Until they expel her, we're stuck with explosions disrupting classes."

"Honestly I'm just worried with the amount of classes we have to cut short because of Zero's mistakes," Guiche let out a sigh and placed a hand on his temple "If this keeps up, we might even leave the Academy as improper mages." He held his head high and gave a dramatic sniffle "How will I match my brothers?"

Montmorency rolled her eyes at his flair. "I just hope that the professor is okay." She said "Taking two explosions, even from Louise is pretty dangerous."

They all recalled the aftermath of Louise's second explosion. While it had knocked Louise flat on her back, the professor hit the back of his head against the wall and passed out. Considering that the table that held the water jugs had been splintered to pieces, it wasn't a surprise that it had pushed him back hard enough to knock him out. Not to mention, it was sprayed the ones closest to explosion with water again. The only consolation was that it didn't create any smoke.

Kirche scoffed "I'd feel more sorry for him if he wasn't so insistent on getting Louise to cast a spell." Crossing her arms, she grumbled "All he had to do was listen to us, but because she happened to summon a Water Spirit as a Familiar, that means that she's a 'talented' Water Mage."

Montmorency frowned "You know, I've been thinking about that." Turning towards the Fire Mage "Is it really possible to summon a Water Spirit as a Familiar? Because the ones that me and my family know and converse with, they hold too much power and sentience to just be able to contracted as a Familiar like that." Her eyebrows furrowed "And even if they could be contracted as a Familiar," she paused "How strong do you need to be, to be able to bend a Water Spirit to your will?"

"Who knows?" Kirche sighed and shrugged "All we know is that it's given Louise enough of confidence boost to actually try and cast a spell again."

"Speaking of Louise's Familiar," Guiche spoke out "Isn't that them right there." He pointed at the outer wall just next to the tower.

They all turned to where he was pointing and saw the small creature was facing the wall, head titled upwards.

"Oh, what's it doing here alone?" Montomorency asked "I thought Louise went to the principal's office."

Kirche laughed "Maybe she didn't want it to follow because she's afraid it'll learn how bad of a Mage she truly is. Or maybe it's running away from her," she shrugged her shoulder "Knowing Louise, anything bad is possible with her."

"I doubt that," Guiche commented "From how obedient it is, I don't see her Familiar simply up and running like that."

The two girls turned their heads towards him, which prompted him to raise an eyebrow "What? I'm just stating what I know!" He placed a hand on his chest "As someone whose more than bonded with his Familiar, I can see loyalty from a mile away." He glanced at the small creature "Or at the very least compliance."

Montmorency looked at him for a moment longer, unimpressed, before turning back to the Familiar "Well, if it's not running away or avoiding her, what is it doing then?"