Chapter 38

It was raining.

She looked up and saw water falling from the sky and hitting against her face. She looked around and saw that almost everything was wet, covered in water. Puddles that were on the ground moved as large drains drew the water away.

Her feet splashed against the puddles, each step sending ripples.

All around her, tall massive buildings that rivalled castles stretched out as far as she could see.

As much as she could see at least, considering how dark the place was.

It was only due to the small orbs of light that dotted the streets and the windows that she could see the place around her.

She moved, her head turning in every direction as she took in the sights.

The rain kept pouring down, drenching her from head to toe. She shivered as she kept walking, feeling the cool air of the city blow against her wet form. The silent city gave no reprieve and the lack of people filled her with dread.

At least until she finally found something.

Her walk had turned into a light jog, not fast enough that she would slip but just a little bit faster so that she could find a place to hide under. And to her relief, she saw that one of the buildings had their doors open.

As quickly as she could, she ran in, and for the first time in a while, with a roof over her head, she was safe from the rain.

She shivered as the cool air continued to blow, and she walked just a little bit slower now that she wasn't in the rain. The architecture around her was unfamiliar, with signs that had words that she could barely understand.

She saw something about 'sewers' something about 'lift' and other words that she could not discern.

She saw a symbol that resembled a winged insect with four horns, plastered on a wall.

The sound of rain grew as she walked through the building, and to her dismay she found herself standing at the exit. Carefully she peeked her head out, and saw that it was still raining quite heavily.

However, another thing caught her eye.

It was a fountain. A rather large fountain was standing in the middle of a square.

Alongside the fountain was a massive statue of a familiar figure.

She walked out, ignoring the rain as something compelled her to approach it.

Suddenly, she heard something fall from above her.

She saw something that glowed a pale colour. Alongside the glow was something bright red.

It dropped in front of her, and stared at her with pair of black eyes.

[Scene]

Louise woke up. She sat up on her bed, and looked around her room.

"I was at that place again..." she muttered as she tried to shake away the grogginess from her eyes.

The dreams, at first she just assumed that they were her normal dreams. But lately, everything seemed too clear to just be random dreams.