Chapter 26

La Rochelle was always busy during the couple of days where the two moons overlapped, not that it wasn't busy if they weren't. Being the main port town to Albion, it was the most legal and safest way for anyone who wanted to reach the floating continent without issue.

Plus with the moons overlapping, it meant that Albion at this time was closest to the port city. That meant shorter travel time, less likely to run into complications along the way, and most importantly of all, it meant that it would take less resources to get there.

That meant that it was the perfect time of the month to travel to Albion for any merchants or sailors that wanted to save up on their Wind Stones.

For example, a certain ship was currently rushing through the last of their cargo as the sun slowly rose up into the sky. The captain standing on the deck, screaming at his workers at the dock as they carried whatever supplies for their destination.

"Pick up the pace!" The captain shouted "I want this ship ready to leave by sunrise!"

"We get it!" One of the workers, a man wearing a hood and gloves, snapped at the captain. He was carrying a crate that smelled of sulfur as he rushed towards the ship "You know we wouldn't be rushing if we just prepared the night before."

"Zip it, insect!" The captain snapped at his worker, before his eyes flashed towards another one and pointed at him "Mart!"

The man smiled and took a bite out of his bread "Me?"

"What the fuck are you doing sitting around?!" He gestured to the rest of the cargo that was on the docks "Get to work!"

"I'm on break!"

The captain held up a fist "I'm gonna break you if you don't help Cofern with loading the ship!"

"Yikes alright!" Mart quickly stuffed his mouth full of the bread and wiped his shirt "I'll get to work," he mumbled through the bread.

It didn't take long for the rest of the crates to be carried on board, where they were passed along to the other sailors on board to be put into the cargo bay.

After the last of the crates was handed out, Cofern let out a tired sigh and plopped himself down onto the ship. Mart followed suit, the man letting out a groan as he put his butt on the ground.

"By the Wyrm, I'm tired" Cofern let out a yawn and leaned against the wooden railing "I told him we should've put the cargo in last night," He muttered angrily as he glared at the captain who was making last minute checks "Just cause we can do it in the early hours of dawn doesn't mean that we should."

"Eh captain's orders," Mart shrugged "What I'm confused about is why he's in a rush, it's not like we have any kind of shortages of Wind Stones to make the trip."

"Beats me."

The two workers sat down in silence for a few moments, before they got up to continue their work.

When they did, both of them spotted a man. He was wearing a purple cloak, a wide brimmed hat, and a white mask. He was walking towards their ship as if he had an appointment with them. Which considering what they were transporting, both of them knew that he didn't.

Then without even a 'Hello' the man stepped on board and turned to the both of them "Where's your captain, I need to see him."

Mart's face contorted into a disgusted scowl at the tone, while Cofern tilted his head in confusion.