Chapter 47

So it took the shortest route off the body, stumbling a bit when its feet nearly fell in the mouth of the soldier and finally landed onto the wooden floor. It looked at its Master, and saw her pinching her nose with one hand.

[Scene]

The madness in their eyes, was only matched by the madness in their actions.

Horrible acts performed because of whispers of in their dreams.

Only he could stop them, only he could bring them away from their horrible fate.

So what if he had to kill those that tried to stop his goal of saving them all? So what if they feared and cowered as the ones that went too far were executed?

That was his role, to save all of th-

[Scene]

The sight of a Soul Wand was the first thing Vittorio saw when he opened his eyes. Alongside the runes that had been etched along its length.

He remembered when it had been forged, and when his Familiar carved those runes with the Ores that he had worked so hard to gather. He remembered when he

His vision followed the weapon, his eyes moving up higher and higher. The black hand of the Void Vessel gripped onto the handle of the weapon.

It had its back towards him, wearing the bright white cloak that served as a first layer of hiding its identity.

Looking around him, the Pope noticed that he was in one the hallways that ended in a dead end. A few doors that, if he had to guess, led to empty guest rooms or storage.

He also noticed that he was on his stomach, and moved to push himself to his knees.

His Familiar turned its head the moment he did, and dropped to one knee holding out a hand.

Grabbing it, the Void Vessel 'spoke'.

Are You Alright Master?

Using the Familiar, Vitorrio pulled himself to a standing position. His other hand patted away the creases and dirt on his clothes, making sure not to hit the holy symbols.

"I am fine, Familiar." He turned towards it "What happened, was I attacked?"

No.

It shook its head.

You Suddenly Fainted In The Hallways, I Grabbed You Before Anyone Else Saw And Hid You Away. I Stood Guard Until You Woke Up.

Vittorio once again looked around him, wherever he was he was it was a very deep part of the castle that he seldom saw. He nodded his head "Thank you Familiar, now can you bring me closer to the meeting room? The discussion of New Albion declaring war on Tristain is very important, especially in regards of how we should approach it and I'm afraid that I might be late because of this."

Understood.

There was a pause, and Vittorio looked at the Void Vessel.

May I Be Present And Listen In As Well?

The Pope frowned, and shook his head "No."