¹¹⁾ I Was Looking At You

yay i updated :D

"So, uh... why'd you lie to me?"

"Hm?" Spokes gently lifted her head, dazed as she looked up at Trevor in her lying position. Whatever Phoebe and Podcast were up to with the ghosts from other dimensions, still hadn't finished, leaving Trevor and Spokes alone in the car after an awkward make out session.

The girl rolled her eyes, taking into account what he asked and resting her head back down onto the rising swell of his chest. She buried her face into the mellow, old, ghostbusters uniform that had a weird scent to it. It smelled like her grandpa's house.

Trevor sighed with frustration, his arm still tightly wrapped around her shoulders as he held her close, the two mindlessly laying in the back area of the Ecto-1, ignorant to the flashing lights and shouts coming from outside.

Whatever, Spokes thought, these twelve year-olds' are geniuses, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Trevor softly shoved her body upwards, trying to catch her attention, "Why'd you lie to me, Spokes?"

She shrugged, feeling herself about to doze off, "I lied about what?"

"I don't know... your age, you working at Spinners, and just like fifteen minutes ago you said you were joking when you said I was 'cute', and then immediately switched up. I was just wondering, why do you lie?"

This is the first time the boy was straightforward and clear about his words. He wasn't demanding but was clearly requesting an honest answer.

"Okay," She softly mumbled, "I never even said my age, so I still didn't lie about that. And you lied about your age too, dipshit. And for what?"

"You know why--"

"Exactly!" She cheered, her eyes never bothering to stay on his face, "So, you and Lucky, huh? How's that going?"

"Spokes--"

"No, really I'd like to know."

Internally she laughed at her slight anger whilst she was literally snuggling into him, and enjoying it as well.

"It's not like that anymore, I know you know that..." He whispered, his husky voice brushing against her skin.

"And don't change the conversation." He added, his voice more stern now, "Please, just... tell me."

"Fine, I didn't lie." She stated with simplicity, "You just assumed. So, I guess I'll tell you why I didn't specify my age, not why I lied."

The boy was already rolling his eyes, irritated with how stubborn she could be.

"You lied about yours because you were looking at Lucky... well, I was looking at you."

Trevor chewed his bottom lip, slightly confused as he finally locked eyes with her.

"I was looking at you," She took a shallow breath, "And I'm everything Lucky isn't, so... I do kind of help around at Spinners but I pretended to work there, I pretended to be cool, and I pretended to hate you 'cause I thought you'd never look at me in that way."

Trev's eyes enlarged with surprise and his head tipped to the side with awe, he felt flattered in all honesty.

"...But here we are, haha." She awkwardly laughed, burying her head into his chest once again to hide her shame.

Trevor grinned to himself, holding her even closer now, afraid she would slip away and retract her words like she's done before.

"Tomorrow things aren't going to go back to normal, are they?" He asked.

She scoffed, "I sure hope it does. It'd be nice for your mom to have her own body to herself again, don't you think?"

"No, no, no--" Trevor laughed, "I meant, like, us... you know, we aren't going to go back to being 'frenemies' and arguing with each other constantly, right?"

"Where's the fun if there's no argument?"

He glanced down at her and quietly murmured, "You aren't gonna pretend like you hate me again, will you? You aren't gonna switch up..."

Spokes cursed to herself, upset with how vulnerable he was making her.

"I won't, Trev. Now shut up and kiss me again."

"Wait," Trevor's tone was hoarse as Spokes planted a kiss on his lips, cheekily smiling as she pulled back, "Can I call you by your name, now?"

"Nah." She answered, offended before she smashed her lips onto his.

Trevor melted into the kiss, placing his hands on her cheeks as he groaned into her mouth.

Pulling away, he beamed, "Oh, Gwen, you're so gorgeous."

Spokes' mouth fell agape with shock and she playfully slapped him, "How... dare you!"

If Trevor wasn't laying down he'd double over, holding his stomach from hysterically laughing, "What? I just think you're the most beautiful girl in the world, Guina- Guine- Guienev- Shit, how the hell do you say it?"

"Why on Earth would I tell you?"

"Why don't you want to tell me? Or why don't you want me to call you that?"

"You are full of questions today, sir." She giggled, clinging onto his body, "I don't want you to call me that 'cause when I'm with you, I'm Spokes. And honestly, that's all I ever wanna be."

aw dhhdjsjhdsjskeu cheesy, cheesy, kill me right now lmao

sorry this chapter is hecka short

anyways... gif of the day

today it's going to be a pic instead

holy friken macaroni, kill me and bring me back to life, wolfhard, i beg you

no seriously, hottest photo i've ever seen, no exaggeration there