12

He hadn't been able to get out of bed for a week. He couldn't stop crying. He knew that Niall and his parents were worried about him but they left him alone. Niall's mum put food outside his door and Niall poked his head inside once in a while to make sure that he was still alive.

He was still breathing but otherwise shattered into a million pieces. Whenever he fell asleep he dreamt about Louis and woke up gasping for air.

On the seventh day since they arrived in Ireland he mustered enough strength to take a shower. He felt sorry for Niall and his family who had to endure all of this but he couldn't help it. He missed Louis with every fiber in his body. He had stolen the hoodie he gave him for Christmas and he had sniffed it until Louis' scent was no longer there and then he had cried so much that he couldn't breathe.

He noticed that his bedlinen was new when he returned to his room. He sat down on the bed with a deep sigh. He was gonna thank Niall and his parents as soon as he had managed to crawl out of this hellhole of emotions he was feeling.
"No! Leave him alone! You have done enough damage!" He heard Niall yell upset. What was going on?

He almost had a heart attack when he heard a very familiar voice after that.
"I swear to God Niall, get out of my way or I'll punch you! I need to see him."

What the hell was Louis doing here? Harry panicked. No! He couldn't face him. He looked around in the room but there was nowhere to go and then the door flew open and Louis was staring at him.
"No! Go away! What the hell are you doing here?" Harry questioned upset.

Louis closed the door behind him and walked over to the bed.
"I'm sorry Harry."

"What?" Harry questioned.

"Just hear me out? I've been going mental without you. I didn't know, okay?" Louis said upset.

"Know what?" Harry asked.

"That I'm in love with you." Louis answered softly.

Harry just stared at him.
"What the fuck are you talking about? Don't play with my emotions Louis."

"I'm not. I've always been in love with you but I didn't know that what I felt was love. You had to leave me for it to finally click. I've been crying for a week. I've been absolutely heartbroken and miserable and I finally understood. It has always been there. Maybe I wasn't ready to face it? Meeting your soulmate at such a young age is a heavy responsibility. I was scared. I'm sorry." Louis said.

"Soulmate?" Harry asked quietly, searching his eyes, trying to find out if he really meant what he was saying.

Louis looked back at him with nothing but sincerity.
"Yeah. It's pretty obvious now when my eyes are finally open. You accused me of not seeing you and you were right Harry and I'm so fucking sorry. I love you and if you let me I will spend a lifetime trying to make it up to you."

"What about Eleanor?" Harry questioned.

"I broke up with her at graduation. I never loved her, Harry. I didn't even sleep with her." Louis said."

"So now you're suddenly gay?" Harry questioned. He had a hard time believing him.

"I don't know what the fuck I am and I don't feel the need to label myself. I love you. That's all I need to know." Louis shrugged.

Harry's eyes teared up.
"You put me through hell. For a fucking decade!"

"And I'm so, so sorry." Louis replied.

Harry couldn't take it anymore. He threw himself in Louis' arms and he caught him like he always did. He tucked his nose in the crook of Louis' neck and breathed in his scent, noticing that Louis was doing the same.
"My Omega." Louis mumbled and Harry lost it. He started to cry.

Louis cried too and hugged him so tightly that his ribs started to protest. When they calmed down Louis pulled back. He cupped his face with both hands and wiped away his tears with his thumbs. And then he kissed him. Tenderly. Emotionally. Lovingly.

When they needed to come up for air Louis looked deeply into his eyes.
"Are you giving me a second chance?"

"Yes." Harry smiled.

Suddenly the door flew open and Niall stormed in.
"Alright, you had your time now get the hell out...oh...wait...you look happy Harry. Are you happy?"

"I am so happy Niall. Louis loves me too." Harry smiled.

"Of course he does. I could have told you that the first time we met." Niall snorted.

Louis raised an eyebrow.
"So why didn't you?"

"Because you wouldn't have gotten that into that thick head of yours, Tomlinson." Niall chuckled then he clasped his hands together and squealed. He ran over to hug them.
"I'm so happy for you! Finally! I have to tell my mum and dad. They have been wondering what kind of nutcase I brought back from London."

Harry burst out laughing and Louis joined him. When their laughter died out Louis looked at him again.
"Will you come home or do I have to move to Ireland? I'm sure Niall's family will be delighted to have me." He smirked.

"I'm coming home." Harry smiled.

They returned to London four days later. The apartment looked the same. Harry's mum hadn't collected his furniture yet. As soon as they walked inside Louis spun him around and crashed their lips together. He picked him up and carried him to his bedroom.
"I've been wanting to do this again since we spent that heat and rut together." He confessed.

"Me too." Harry giggled.

They took their time exploring each other's bodies when they had sex. They were fully present this time and got to experience it again what felt like the first time. Louis was gentle and sweet, telling him over and over again how much he loved him. When his knot popped they both reached for the stars.

It had been a long road to get where they were but they had the rest of their lives to make up for it.