Chapter Three

The week went by too slow, and I was glad when Friday came. Mike ignored me in the hallways and I followed his actions by not talking to him.

My car finally arrived and I was able to drive it to school on Friday.

"Your Jeep is so going to stick out," Aaron said from the passenger seat. He was observing about the fact that almost every car in the school lot was either brand new, or bought in the past year.

I had a blue Jeep Cherokee and it was my baby. It was only a year 2001 so it wasn't new by any means.

"Fuck you."

He snickered.

"You're more than welcomed to walk," I suggested to him.

When we got to the school Cole came up to me. He nodded at my brother, who smiled and ran off to find his friends.

Cole and I had been kind of avoiding each other since Monday. During Physics we would only speak to get notes that we didn't hear or to collaborate on a lab.

I looked up at him, "Yeah?"

"I thought people from the south were suppost to have manners," he said mockingly. I raised my eyebrows, but didn't reply.

"Right, well I'm having a party tonight. This is me inviting you, and your brother." He shifted his weight looking uncomfortable.

"Thanks, I'll be sure to tell him." Aaron never was one to miss parties.

"Are you going to come?" he asked me.

"Why, are you taking RSVPs or something?" I retorted.

"Or something."

"Aaron will probably be there," I told him.

"And you?" he pressed on. I looked around, not looking at anything in particular.

"Parties aren't my scene." He nodded slowly as if he expected this answer from me.

"Right. We wouldn't want you to give up your misanthropic vibe that you've got going on," he said tersly. I felt his eyes staring through me.

"No, I suppose we wouldn't."

He clenched his fists, and I looked at him watching his face. I didn't know why he was mad.

The bell rang and we walked towards our first period. I looked at him out of the side of my eye. He seemed pissed off at something. I didn't ask why or at what in fear of the reason being me.

Once inside the classroom he completely ignored me. He kept his chair as far away from me as possible, and didn't make any eye contact. We took our notes in silence even though some chatter was allowed.

Someone knocked on the door, and a student answered it. It was some older gentleman. I observed that he had some authority because immediatly the classroom got quiet.

He walked over to the teachers desk, and they spoke for a second. She looked over at me. I moaned, what did I do now?

"Beau, your brothers in office." The man said. I got up from my seat rapidly. My eyes went wide.

I didn't hear what else he had to say because I went searching for the office. I found it quickly and entered. I told them who I was and she nodded at me to go in.

My brother was sitting in one of the chairs across from the desk. The principle, Mr. Jater, sat in his big chair.

Aaron turned around and sighed when I walked in.

"About time," he said.

I ignored him. "What's going on?" I asked the principle.

"We found drugs in your brother's locker. He said to call you before we even discussed the matter futher."