Chapter Nine

Back at school things went back to normal. And by normal I mean Hell. Teachers barely attempted to give me my make up work, and when they did they made it a big deal. Though I can't say I blamed them. I had missed a lot of school without so much as an explanation.

As for Aaron, he was ignoring me. Completely. He was now getting rides from one of his soccer friends. I never saw him except from what I saw of him in the hallways and when I saw him at lunch.

"What's up with you and your brother?" Cole asked before class had started.

"Nothing."

His green eyes bored into mine, "Beau..."

"Drop it," I said curtly.

Cole did as I suggested, and didn't say anymore. He had learned that if he wanted to be anything more than aquantances, let alone friends, he would have to give me space.

He went to his assigned seat and sat down. Cole had tried to get his seat next to me back, but the teacher declined saying he had already changed his seat once, twice would be asking for too much.

When the bell rang I sprung up from my desk, and shot out of the room.

"Beau!"

I turned around expecting Cole, but saw Mike.

My eyes raised in an expression that said, "what?"

Mike's hands gripped his backpack straps tight, and he looked around showing discomfort.

"By all means, if you don't want to be seen talking to me in public, don't." I snapped.

His body twisted a couple different ways, trying to decide what to do. Then he reached out and grabbed my colar and started dragging me down the hallway.

"Dude! Fuck off!" I started yelling at him, trying to get out of his hold.

People were giving us wierd looks, but he ignored them. When the bell rang, they dispersed into classrooms giving us a single last glance.

Mike dragged me to a door at the end of a random hallway. I was afraid of what would be on the otherside, only to see that it was a staircase.

He pushed his hand off of me, and gestured for me to start walking up them. I sighed realizing that I didn't really have much of a choice at this point. I was too weak to fight these days.

We walked up the steps and came to a stop at the very top. There was another door. On the door it said ROOFTOP-DO NOT ENTER. I diddn't even bother to look back at him, I opened the door and stepped out.

As expected, it was the roof to the school.

I went to the edge and looked down, it wasn't that far down to me. But it was a good distance seeing that the school was three stories.

"Gonna jump?" Mike said behind me.

I didn't turn, "Only if you wish hard enough."

Suddenly, there were hands on my waist. Mike turned me around forcing me to face him, and he wasn't smiling.

"I don't wish that."

Before I could even say anything, he unexpectantly brought his lips down on mine. My eyes didn't close and I stared at him, frozen. His eyes were closed, cheeks red. I on the other hand, was pissed.

He pulled away and looked back at me.

"Shit. Look," He began. He brought his finger to his lips, probably to feel if he actually did what he thinks he just did.

"Yeah, you kissed me." I answered.

His eyes turned dark and he knocked his fist against the bricks.