chapter 6

I stood still staring at him.

"What?"

I ask my eyes narrowing. Tommy and Tubbo who had been talking stopped and looked to me and schlatt.

"Wilbur has told me your problems. And I just don't think you can handle a little kid. You might hurt him."

Schlatt said with a sharp grin. I knew what he was doing. Was trying to get me mad. He wanted me to make a scene so he could be correct. 

I looked swiftly to my feet and back up to him. For the first time in a very long time I was struggling to control both my mouth and actions.

  I had never been dramatic, neither was wilbur, we could both keep good hold of ours actions and mouth in irritating situations.

  "Techno wouldn't hurt me!"

Tommy randomly blurted out, the small child had seemed to have tears in his eyes. He clearly seemed to be upset by this argument.

"Tommy its fine. I can handle this."

I kept my voice flat and forced myself to show no emotions. The blonde headed kid looked up at me, he was holding back tears.

I opened my arms seeing if he wanted a hug, he ran over and I pick him out. He was most likely to old to be held this way. But in the moment I didn't care.

Me and the ram made eye contact once again.

"I apologize that you think my own personal problems make me unable to raise a child. But I promise you I can. Unlike you I actually care about my child's and others well being, and don't have a history of alcohol 'problems'. I'm so sorry that you think I can't handle a child. But I currently have to get Tommy some clothes and need to get home to my father and brother. Good day."

I kept my voice as flat and calm as possible. I made sure I kept every word calm, I made sure not to rush and get annoyed. After I had yelled at the ram. I picked up my bag and walked away to the next store down the street. Leaving the man and his son behind me.

"He was a mean man!"

Tommy said wrapping his arms around my neck. I sigh and re-adjust the small child so I don't drop him.

"Yeah he is but you don't have to worry about him anymore."

My voice softened up from the harsh tone I had used with schlatt to a softer calmer one. I wasn't use to this. Why do I feel the need to be comforting. For the first time in years I had let my guard down. And this time it was for a kid, a very young one at that.

Tommy didn't answer me after that. He just clung onto my shirt till I had to let him down when we reached the stores door.

"Time to get clothes for you toms"

I say opening the door for him. Tommy walks in and waits for me.

Tommy was a surprisingly well behaved child. He never pitched a fit and during the time we have been at the stores he stayed by my side.

The person at the register seemed familiar but I couldn't place my tongue on it. The kid was around wilburs age. He was most likely helping his family work.

"Technoblade..?"

The man asked as me and Tommy started picking out sweaters.

"Um yes?"

I asked continuing to look at sweaters checking the tags and showing them to tommy.

"Its really you!"

I turned to look at the boy. His hair was curly and fell into his face. He wore a basic white button up with black pants. On his face were a pair of black glasses that made it harder for me to recognize him.

"Yes, indeed it is."

I glance at tommy and back to the boy. Everyone in Dreams kingdom and in this small town knew me. Rumors spread like wildfire. I never knew half the people who knew me.

Tommy handed me a few shirts he liked and I put them on my arm.

"You know people have been talking about you a lot. Especially since your exile!"

I noticed him then. Eret. I looked to him and glared. He immediately looked down to his counter and didn't say a word

"Exile..?"

Tommy asked looking up at me then to eret.

"Its nothing toms. This man doesn't know what he is talking about."

I say as we walk up to the counter.

"I would like to pay."

I said, my voice deepening. He simply nodded and put all the clothes in a bag.

"7 gold sir."

Eret said not making eye contact with me. I took 7 gold out of my bag and placed it in front of him before taking tommys hand and leaving.

"Have a good sir..." eret said giving me a soft smile.

I gave him a simple nod before heading out. Tommy was silent the rest of the time till we got back to Carl.

I walked over to the post and untied him from the post. I put the bags in carls side chest and hopped onto him. Tommy had his arms up in the air waiting to be picked up. I helped him up and made sure he was safe.

  When I knew he was safe I got Carl onto the path to home and we headed on for home. Tommy soon fell asleep leaning against me.

(( the ending is a little rushed, sorry for no chapters in a while, my life has been Chaos!!! Thank you all so much for reading tho! I love reading your guys comments! Especially last chapter! Yall are super funny!! If you ever have questions or just wanna talk don't be afraid too!))