chapter 7

I tried to avoid bumps to keep tommy asleep. I felt bad for the kid. He was most likely left with so many questions.

I wish I wasn't me. I think that makes sense. I'm glad I have tommy I really am. I love him more than life itself. I would give him the moon and steal him every star from the sky if he wanted them. He deserved the world and I wanted to give him it.

  But if I wasn't me people would question me raising him. He wouldn't get glares in public when he is with me. I wonder, as I ride Carl through the silent forest, if I am the beat fit.

  Like shlatt said I am the "blood god." A title I was given at a young age for as he also said "my problems."

  I was shaken from the thoughts when tommy yawned and opened his eyes.

I look at him and smile. He smiles back and rubs his eyes looking around.

"You slept for a while."

I told the blonde, my voice deeper than usually with him.

"I did?"

He asked not looking to me but instead to the forest around him. The forest was in full bloom. Spring must be here soon, or already here.

"Yep, around 30 minutes."

I replied to tommy, he simply nodded.

We were silent for a while. Usually while I ride on my own I start to hum. It became habit at this point. Tommy turned his head to look at me. He seemed puzzled. I continued to hum.

"Yes big guy?"

I asked the small child who kept looking at me.

"What were you humming?"

He asked hair falling into his eyes.

"A song."

"What song?"

"A song you don't know."

I gave him a grin and he laughed.

"I don't know the name, and last time I checked it didn't have words. Phil, my father use to hum it all the time, he still does, just have to catch him at the right time."

I stopped talking, I worried I said too much and had confused him.

"My old mom use to hum while she cooked! It was in French though."

Tommy said looking away from me. I couldn't tell if he was hurt or not. I left the conversation at that.

Soon after 10 or more minutes we reach home. The snow was still there. Even in spring in summer the snow never melted.

We brought Carl to his stall and gave him food and left. Tommy was falling asleep again. So I picked him up and carried him inside and brought our bags in.

(Next chapter will be a time skip B)!! )

(Sorry chapters are slow!! Im gonna work on them more promise!!!! I love you all and if you ever have questions or need to talk I'm always open to talk! I love yall!!!- your author ollie)