Chapter 2: Adaption

It had been only a day since Gregory's death. The staff continued to be baffled at Monty, Chica, and Roxy's horrid state, but it wouldn't take long before they were fully repaired. Freddy had already been repaired as much as he needed to be, since he hadn't suffered much damage, he had simply just gotten dirty.

Although nothing could repair the mental damage he had sustained, and no one could explain how an animatronic was acting so weirdly, without any known changes to them, or their coding. He was much more quiet, and the staff had great trouble when trying to get him to respond.

Meanwhile, Gregory was still trying to figure out the deeper parts of his situation and what it meant for him, and the rest of the Pizzaplex. He didn't appear to be able to communicate with any of the animatronics, but he'd have to try talking to the security bots, the in your dreams bots, and maybe sun and moon later. However he'd have to be pressed pretty hard to even think about talking to another human being.

He treaded over to one of the security bots, noticing how he could do more things with his steps than he could when he was alive, but decided to figure out what he could do later. He waved his hand in one of the security bots faces. "Yoohoo..! Do you have any brain in that thick metal skull of yours?" He said. However as he suspected the security bit whizzed on past, and so did map bot, not offering him a map as usual. Even. Map. Bot.

He sighed. He had a sinking feeling that none of his attempts to be heard or seen would end in success. He couldn't react with physical objects either as far as he could tell, so the idea for creating secret messages could easily be thrown in the bin. Besides, it wasn't like some ghost buster was going to come along and find him, no one would actively seek him out, he was dead.

He decided to go check on Sun and Moon, before running into a problem. He was stopped by the fact that he couldn't open the security doors. Or... any door. Well, I guess now is a good time to see if all those mystical ghost powers people talk about are real. He thought to himself, hesitantly stepping through the closed door, expecting his face to hit a solid object.

When he passed through without a problem, he was a bit surprised, despite this being what he should have expected. "Huh..." he said, shrugging his shoulders. Maybe being dead would have some perks. That did NOT mean he liked being dead.

Eventually, he tried to see if he could float as well. He could float. "Well, this keeps getting more and more interesting... and I'm talking out loud." He started to ramble a bit to himself, as he floated over to the daycare.

Honestly, it felt pretty weird. Floating, and going through solid objects was probably the weirdest two things he would ever experience, and he was confident of that. It was kind of like he could decide what was a solid, and wether gravity existed for him or not, without actually manipulating reality for others.

When he eventually reached the daycare, he looked around for Sundrop but couldn't find him anywhere. Before he remembered Sundrop's room. He floated up there, very thankful that he could actually float.

He saw sun there, scribbling happily on a piece of paper while humming the daycare theme. The drawing was... indecipherable. he took a deep breath, having forgotten that he didn't really need to breathe anymore. Adjusting was going to take a while.

"Hey sun, do you hear me? The banned kid is in the Daycare, woo woo." He said, a bit sarcastically, but still hoping Sun would hear him. But there was no reply. Gregory let out a loud, annoyed sigh, allowing himself to float backwards so he was floating on his back. "For heavens sake- I'd at least expect that creepy moon guy to hear me! He's creepy as heck, he makes me think he's the kind of guy who would talk to dead people."

"Rude!" Sun said, to Gregory's surprise. Gregory whipped around looking at sun hopefully, who was still scribbling an odd drawing, before adding. "You don't have to be so mean Moon!" Sun had an annoyed, pouty expression. Gregory looked at him disappointedly, realizing he was just talking to moon.