Chapter 10: Chica's tour

Buddy followed nervously behind Chica as she led him through the pizzaplex, and multiple areas he surely wasn't allowed in yet. "And this is the daycare! Sundrop and Moondrop take care of the children that are dropped of here, but recently it's mostly just Sun." Chica continued as she led him into the daycare.

Sun was there and looked up at them noticing Buddy as his eyes seemed to brighten with excitement. "OH! HELLO NEW FRIEND!" Sun shouted up happily, waving. Buddy sighed, remembering his squirrel like high energy nature. He waved back regardless returning the smile Suns face was forever stuck as.

"Come on, keep up!" Chica yelled to him already at the door to the next room. Buddy quickly followed despite Suns dissatisfaction seeing them leave so soon. He shouted to Sun briefly: "sorry, gotta run!" Sun yelled back, "COME BACK SOON!"

Chica was happily leading him through the rest of the pizzaplex, enthusiastic to be getting to know him. As they went through countless doors and Roxy began tagging along with them, both her and Roxy began talking to Buddy.

"Hey kid, how's it going?" Roxy had asked casually as she had approached the two. Buddy had noticeably flinched, but responded quickly. "O-oh! It's been going ok!" Chica also joined in. "I've shown him the daycare, the main area guests come in- oh! And the kitchen..!" Chica said excitedly.

"Have you showed him my raceway yet?" Roxy asked, winking. Buddy quickly turned around as Chica started running in the direction of Roxy Raceway. "OH! no I haven't! I can now!" She said, now ahead of him. He sighed. "Hold on!" He called after her.

As they entered the raceway, Buddy noticed an area that was under construction.. receiving repairs. He flinched as he remembered crashing into Roxy with one of her own go karts. She seemed to pass right by the spot with no hesitation, but Buddy stopped to look at it, feeling a sense of anxiety.

"Watcha' looking at?" Buddy flinched, nearly falling as Roxy spoke. He let out a yelp. "Pff-" Roxy laughed at his reaction, before regaining composure. She looked in the direction he'd been staring. "Oh, that." She looked at it, finally addressing the huge damage in that area. Buddy nervously noticed her eyes narrow. "Just a bit of damage, nothing important." She moved on, though her tail was twitching. Buddy followed behind, though a lot further behind than before.

They also went through Mazersize.. but upon trying to get him to go into Monty Golf, he refused.

"Come on, Monty didn't mean what he said!" Chica insisted, trying to coax him into the area, but he backed away, shaking. "I- I don't care. I don't want to go in there." Buddy muttered, pouting. Roxy looked at Chica and shrugged. "Well, I guess we can go to Fazerblast.." Roxy said, wondering off as Chica followed. It was supposed to be Chica giving him the tour, but Roxy eventually took the lead as always.

As they entered Fazerblast, Buddy's ears swiveled... He felt there was something important here- "!" He looked up in the rafters, his eyes focusing on the small room up there. He couldn't see into it... but that was where Vanny was. Or at least, it was her hideout. "The fun is down here! Come on!" he flinched as Chica grabbed his arm, having noticed he was just staring at the rafters. She dragged him through the area.

As he reluctantly let himself be dragged, hating the physical contact all the while, he couldn't help but want to get up there and see what his killer was up to... though he had immeasurable fear as well. His ears continued to swivel around as he listened for the slightest sound, only hearing the pittering of little music men in the vents.

They continued the tour, and Buddy began zoning out, growing bored... until...

"Oh right! There's also the beauty salon! Nearly forg- OW, HEY!" Chica had been speaking, still holding onto Buddy's hand, but he had gripped hers tightly as soon as she had mentioned the area. She quickly took her hand away, startled and confused. Surprisingly, Buddy seemed just as confused and frightened.