Chapter 6: Unknown Reunion

Eventually, when Buddy woke up again, he noticed he could finally feel temperature! He sat up, opening his eyes and looked around, before noticing Freddy there, waiting patiently with a nervous smile. Buddy got off the table, excited to talk to Freddy again, before he could though, the man in the white coat- no. Dr Deen spoke. "Hey, don't talk to him yet. You can converse later for now we need to do some simple testing."

Buddy would have been annoyed, if it weren't for the fact that he was so distracted. He now knew Dr. Deen's name because he had access to some sort of system. He had information he had never had access to before. He knew all the staffs names.

Vanessa was also standing there next to Freddy, still glaring at him like yesterday. Freddy was watching him, though it would seem that Freddy occasionally got distracted, and would start staring off into space as if he was thinking deeply about something.

"Ok Buddy. We are going to make sure you are connected to our system. We will send you a message, and you will respond via messaging back." Dr. Deen said. Although Buddy wasn't entirely sure how to do this, he nodded. He heard a small ping, and was able to open up a message, which popped up on the right side of his vision.

It read: "If you have received this, respond "Affirmative." Buddy took a moment to figure out how the messaging system worked, before responding back, simply by thinking. It was an interesting way of communicating, it wasn't even like texting it was more like telepathy almost.

Dr. Deen looked at a computer, then nodded. "A bit slow but it will do." Dr. Deen said, then continued. "Ok Buddy. We are going to show you some pictures of innocent people, and then throw some criminals into the mix. We've installed software onto you that should allow you to detect the criminals. All we need you to do is say innocent, or criminal." Buddy, getting bored already but eager to get this over with so he could talk to Freddy nodded.

An employee, Josh, showed him a few pictures, and nothing happened. He was worried that maybe the software wasn't working, until Josh showed a certain picture of a person and an alert popped up in Buddy's vision. It was simply an exclamation mark with the word criminal below it. "Criminal." Buddy said in response to it. He found this fascinating in a way, he could actually look into his database and see who was a criminal, he had access to criminal records.

But soon that part of his testing was done and the criminal records were blocked to him as they temporarily disabled that part of the software. They did a few more tests, including audio prompts, making sure he could correctly display facial expressions, and access different parts of his systems, like a map of the pizzaplex, and repair notices.

Finally, Dr. Deen spoke. "Ok, you may now leave the protective cylinder. Go converse with Freddy, our mascot and lead on shows." Buddy got up, excited to finally speak to Freddy, to finally have him actually able to hear him and talk back, without thinking it was simply a recorded message.

Meanwhile, Freddy snapped out of his thoughts about Gregory as he noticed Buddy leave the protective cylinder. Last time he had heard Gregory's voice he had told him to say hi to the next new animatronic. He planned to do it, though he was very nervous about it. It was hard meeting someone new only a week after Gregory had died.

Although... it was odd. Only a week after Gregory died, when he said to greet the new animatronic, a new animatronic arrived. Could he have known? No, they hadn't started working on it while Gregory was still alive. So was it just a coincidence? It simply didn't make sense.

The small animatronic approached him, about Gregory's hight, but a bit taller. He was smiling, as his eyes shined with excitement. Freddy couldn't help smiling back at their enthusiasm. "Hello! I'm Freddy, though you already knew that. Hehe..." He started out the conversation somewhat awkwardly.