Chapter 7: Monty Can't Comfort People

"Hey! Fluffy Boy! Come out let's play some GOLF!" Monty roamed the halls, knowing Freddy was around somewhere, probably in his green room. He held his golf club behind him, with an extra one for Freddy. He and Freddy had gone golfing once or twice before after Monty had taught him how, despite Freddy absolutely sucking at it.

Eventually he arrived at Freddy's green room, ready to burst in all guns a blazing. Or... golf clubs a blazing. Though as soon as he opened (or slammed open) the door, he noticed Freddy sitting on his couch with his face in his hands, kneeling over. His room was a bit dark, and he seemed to have what looked like a Fazerblaster beside him. There was no way Freddy didn't notice Monty with how loud a Monty opened the door. Startled, he flinched, before his expression relaxed a bit seeing it was just Monty.

"Geez, did you go to a funeral or something? What's got you so upset?" Monty asked, kinda remembering that Gregory died recently a little too late to think about the fact that the funeral comment might be a little insensitive. Meh, I can't take it back now. He thought, brushing it off.

Freddy just looked back down at the floor. He seemed a bit upset and Mopey. Monty hesitated for a moment before regaining his confidence. "Hey, I was thinking. Did you wanna go golfing with me? We haven't gone in a while." He said, talking a bit softer than he was before. He saw Freddy shift a bit on the couch, still staring down.

"I- uh.. Not right now Monty..." Freddy replied in a quite tone. Monty hesitated. He didn't get why Freddy was still upset about Gregory. He was dead, there's was nothing they could do about it. "Freddy, you gotta get over him." Monty said, a bit insistent. Freddy just kept staring at the ground with an uncertain and anxious expression.

Monty sighed, and sat next to Freddy on the couch, curling his tail around himself so that he didn't accidentally sit on it. He looked at the Fazerblaster Freddy had, and noticed it was definitely the one Gregory had. Even if they all looked the same, Freddy wouldn't have a random Fazerblaster for no reason. 

Monty looked at Freddy, who was still staring at the ground, before he started talking. "Hey, remember when Bonnie went missing?" Freddy just put his face back in his hands. "Monty... Please don't mention Bonnie to me right now..." Freddy spoke in a tired, quite voice. Monty continued regardless.

"You were acting all Mopey and sad, but after a while you cheered back up again." Monty said. He heard Freddy sigh. "I still AM sad..." he said. "About Gregory?" Monty asked, tilting his head. "About Gregory AND Bonnie. I never got over losing him Monty." For the first time in a while Freddy actually sounded annoyed as he spoke.

Monty considered this. "Really? After all this time you're still upset about Bonnie?" As he said this he noticed Freddy look at him out of the corner of his eye. Ooook... I think I annoyed him. Monty thought, slightly nervously. He had never been good at things like this.

"Of course I'm still upset about Bonnie... I miss him, and now Gregory is gone too." Freddy said, with his face still in his hands, hunched over a bit more. Monty huffed in annoyance. "I still don't get why you care so much about that stupid kid-" Monty began, but was surprised when Freddy suddenly turned to face him, pinning him against the side of the couch.

"HE WAS NOT A STUPID KID!" Freddy yelled, and Monty flinched. He had never heard Freddy yell out of anger before, and it was actually quite scary. "You cornered him like he was a mouse and expected him not to fight back? Not to try and decommission you so you couldn't attack him?" Freddy stared at Monty intensely, his eyes burning with anger and frustration. "No..." Monty said quietly, not wanting to anger or upset Freddy anymore than he already had. 

Freddy backed off. Moving to the other end of the couch. As Monty looked at his expression, it seemed like Freddy was more upset and sad than angry. He looked like he was about to cry. Monty sighed. "I'm sorry.." Monty said quietly. Though Freddy stayed silent. Freddy took his feet off the floor and put them on the couch, hugging and resting his head on his knees.

Monty felt pretty bad for him. He didn't like seeing Freddy like this, but he was never good at cheering people up, or showing empathy. He growled quietly. This is my fault... if it weren't for me Bonnie would still be here. He thought to himself angrily. He hadn't meant to do anything to Bonnie, but things happened.

Monty sighed, not sure what else to say. "You sure you don't want to join me in a game of golf?" He asked calmly. Freddy shook his head. "I just want them back..." Monty looked at him, his gaze softening to a sad expression. "It will get better Freddy." He said in a confident, but quiet tone. "Things can only get better from here."

Freddy looked at him, looking tired and upset. Monty thought for a moment, before eventually saying something. "You should get some rest... maybe power off for a few moments in a charge station." He suggested, not sure what else to do.

Freddy just nodded. "I'll golf with you Tomorrow after you finish talking to Buddy." Monty's tail wagged a small amount as Freddy said this. "Alright! Now that's what I'm talking about- wait what?" He tilted his head as Freddy mentioned Buddy. He had completely forgotten about the animatronic.

"You're going to be talking to them tomorrow, along with Roxy. It's protocol when there's a new animatronic." Freddy said, seeming more calm than he was before. "Ohhh, right. I forgot about that." Monty said, rubbing the back of his neck. He was a bit curious about Buddy, but in the end he wasn't very excited to meet them. They really didn't need another animatronic.

"Please be nice." Freddy said, as he walked away towards a charging station. As the door closed behind Freddy, Monty rubbed the bridge of his nose. "God damnit Monty, could you have screwed up any more badly?" He talked to himself, annoyed. As he opened the door to leave Freddy's room, Roxy stood in the doorway ready for him, glaring. Monty yelped, not expecting her to be there.

"Ohhhhh! Roxy! What are you doing here?" He said, trying not to sound suspicious but failing miserably. Roxy just glared harder. ""I still don't get why you care so much about that stupid kid"? Really? I heard everything Monty." Her tail lashed once. She was clearly annoyed.

Monty chuckled nervously. "Come on Roxy! You know me, I don't say about things before I think them!" He said, though Roxy raised an eyebrow unamused. "Clearly." She said. "I think a screw came loose in that metal head of yours Monty." Monty glared, before realizing what he said. He sighed loudly. "Ugghhhh, I can't Communicate with Freddy! I always screw it up!" He raised his voice in annoyance.

Roxy backed off, but continued talking. "Want some advice then? Don't call someone Freddy recently lost, or misses,  "Stupid." She glared, waiting for him to leave. He got the hint and started walking away, before eventually starting to speed walk away. Roxy could be very intimidating at times.

He headed off to Monty golf, to play a game of Golf. Solo.

                                                                                         ~...{...}...~

Authors note: Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to have a small Chapter to mention Bonnie, and to show an interaction between Monty and Freddy. I haven't written the personality of a character with a short temper, so it's a nice challenge for me. Thanks for the support.