.What the fuck?.

Ayano woke up to the sun peeking through the blinds of hospital windows. 

Her love lied in her lap, asleep. Peaceful.

Ayano no longer felt empty. Her heart flooded with unfamiliar emotions. 

Love. 

Joy.

Protective. 

She brushed through the messy golden locks that were strewn about on her chest. 

Everything ached. Her head throbbed. Her arms were bruised, and covered in bandages. Her legs had scrapes all over.

She was in a hospital gown, which was... erm. shorter than she had expected.

Ayano played with Osoro's face and hair, out of sheer boredom. She imagined her embarrassment when he woke up. Just the thought of it made her heart race in anxiety. 

In an attempt to calm herself, she went back to playing with her crush's hair.

She shortly dozed off again with the sun rising outside her window.

.

Osoro woke up . Again. 

In an attempt to get up, he put his hand behind his head. Imagine his surprise when he felt something squishy. Not a pillow. He turned around, and there he saw Ayano.

His face immediately turned bright red. Taking his hand off her chest, he apologized profusely to the unconscious girl.  

He slowly got off the bed and sat back on the chair. He used his cold hands to cool down his face.

He left the room shortly after, opting to stand outside and call his mom.

.

Ayano woke up mid-morning. 

No Osoro.

She felt the emotions drain from her heart. 

She sat up and looked to her right. Her school bag.

Pulling it towards her, she noticed the small blood stain on the zipper. She scraped it off and pulled out her school computer.

She quickly typed in her email and password and got to work on her homework. 

Assignment after assignment was turned in for full credit. 

.

Osoro looked through the small window in the hospital door, only to see Ayano typing away on her school computer.

What the fuck?