Twelve

Namjoon stared at Yoongi with wide eyes after the news he was just given. "Are you serious?" Yoongi nodded calmly with a smile on his face. "The council overturned his decision?"

Another nod. "Yep, in a week they'll hold the ceremony and you'll officially be betrothed to Seokjin."

The taller alpha wrapped his arms around the shorter one, holding him tightly. "Thank you so much for talking to them."

"It was the right thing to do." Yoongi said quietly, patting Namjoon on the back.

Namjoon pulled back, heading towards the door. "I need to go see him."

Yoongi grabbed the alpha's arm to stop him. "Seokjin's preoccupied right now. It'll be better to just wait for him to come to you."

The alpha huffed, wondering why everyone was being so vague when talking about why Seokjin had seemingly disappeared. But he trusted Yoongi, so he agreed anyway. "Alright, I'll wait~"

~*~

Seokjin groaned, fisting his sheets as another cramp tore through his stomach. This was the worst part in his opinion, the 24 hours of straight pain at the beginning. He finally relaxed a couple of minutes later once the pain dissipated, mentally cursing all the gods for making him an omega as he heard a knock on the door. "I have your dinner." A staff's voice rang out before the door opened just wide enough for a cart to be pushed in.

The omega waited until he heard his door being locked back before approaching the meal to see what had been made for him. He began salivating at the sight of the bowl of strawberries, something he always craved during these times, but was soon distracted from his favorite food by a folded-up piece of paper tucked away behind a plate with meat on it. He knew it was out of place, so he didn't hesitate to open it, eyes widening at the contents.

The council overturned your grandfather's decision! Once your heat is over, you'll have a betrothment ceremony! Congratulations! ~Jimin

Now that he knew there was truly nothing standing in the way of him being with Namjoon forever, Seokjin was determined to get out of his room somehow. The door obviously wasn't an option, so he looked around the room instead, his gaze falling on the window. He was on the third story of building, so jumping wasn't a very good idea, but as he got closer and saw the tree not too far away, he decided it would be worth trying to get a hold of the nearest branch.

Quickly dressing himself in a pair of sweatpants and Namjoon's hoodie, he pushed the window open, thankful that his grandfather hadn't thought to lock that too, and climbed onto the sill, reaching out with one arm to see if he could grab the branch. It was just out of his reach, but he was too determined to give up. Instead, he crouched on the sill, mentally counting down before jumping and grabbing onto the branch, holding tight until he was sure he wasn't at risk of falling. He shimmied down the branch until he was closer to the trunk before carefully making his way down to the rest of the tree.

Once he touched the ground, he didn't hesitate to take off running towards Namjoon's cabin, barely even noticing the raindrops that were starting to fall.

~*~

Namjoon had decided to try to keep his mind calm by reading, but even his favorite pastime was unable to prevent the anticipation rattling through his body. He was so fixated on seeing Seokjin and making their betrothal official that he even started to imagine that Seokjin's familiar vanilla scent was wafting through the air. At least he thought he was imagining it until he heard a tapping at his window. He looked up in confusion, eyes widening upon seeing the drenched omega standing outside. "Are you insane?" He asked, rushing over to open up the window. "What are you doing?" He asked as he helped Seokjin climb inside his room.