One

Bright lights and loud cheers filled the dining hall. The entire pack had come together in celebration (and in the case of some alphas, mourning) for the couple kneeling by the pack alpha's seat. "Under the light of the first wolf moon of the season, I am happy to announce the betrothal of Min Yoongi and Park Jimin. May they be blessed with a long, happy life and many offspring."

Cheers erupted through the hall and Seokjin had to hold back an eyeroll as he slowly clapped along. Sure, he was happy for his friends, especially since he'd had to deal with Jimin pining over the alpha since the moment he'd presented, but he definitely didn't enjoy the theatrics that came along with a new betrothal. The omega next to him did not have the same thoughts as him, if the way he was jumping in excitement was anything to go by. "That's my best friend!" Taehyung screamed, barely heard through all the pack members moving forward to give the couple their own words of encouragement and blessing. He sat back down with a dreamy sigh, leaning over to rest his head on Seokjin's shoulder. "Don't you just love mating season?"

Seokjin snorted at the question. "Not particularly~" He looked at the younger omega, only to notice that his gaze was fixed across the room at some of the younger, mostly freshly presented alphas. "So is Jungkook going to actually initiate a courtship this season or what, because I've been waiting almost a year for it to happen and I'm kind of getting tired of his 'shyness'."

Taehyung reached over and slapped the older omega on the arm. "Stop it! You know he doesn't like me like that." A sadness filled Taehyung's eyes.

Seokjin just stared at him for a few seconds before smacking him on top of the head. "I swear, if you two don't stop being such idiots, I'm going to punch both of you in the throat, then lock you in the mating den together and not let you out until it's done."

Taehyung crossed his arms and looked away from the older omega while pouting, knowing there was no use arguing with him. He perked up as his eyes fell on the couple across the room, sighing softly again as he watched his best friend nuzzle against his intended mate's jaw and nip it gently, then squealing lightly when the alpha returned the action. "Aww, they're scenting each other! Jimin's been so excited to do that, it's all he's been talking about for the past month."

"Yay~" Seokjin said with no enthusiasm, which brought on Taehyung's yearly rant to the older omega about his distaste for one of the most important parts of their pack's culture.

Seokjin had mastered the art of tuning him out and was happily daydreaming about a world where mating season wasn't a thing when he was brought back to reality by the familiar scent of rose. He quickly wondered how he was able to smell Jimin coming up to them considering the strong presence of sandalwood mixed in with his normal scent. "Hey, guys~" Jimin greeted happily, his cheeks flushed a slight pink as he gathered up his traditional robes enough to be able to sit at the table with his friends.

"You reek of Yoongi," was Seokjin's greeting, ignoring Taehyung's elbow in his side.

"Good, that's how it should be," the omega commented, his smile much brighter now that it had been confirmed that he smelled like his intended mate. "I cannot wait for our mating ceremony!"

Taehyung and Jimin squealed together, and Seokjin didn't bother to hold back his eyeroll. "When is it?"

Jimin pouted at Taehyung's question. "Well, my heat just ended less than a week ago, and Yoongi's rut two weeks ago, so it won't be for another three or four months at the least."

"You should've asked for my dad's blessing a month ago like you'd originally planned." Seokjin pointed out, feeling sorry for his friend, but also not.

"Yoongi wanted to wait until the mating season started to make it more special!" Jimin defended, his blush deepening as he said the alpha's name.

"Betrothal is betrothal regardless of what time of year it is, I don't care what our bodies are saying." The younger two omegas didn't bother listening to Seokjin's rant, too focused on something off to the side. "Oh, what-" Seokjin stopped talking as he saw Hyoshin, one of the pack's strongest alphas, and someone who had been showing more and more interest in him, approaching their table. He so badly wanted to groan and roll his eyes but held back as he knew that the majority of the pack's eyes were on them due to what was about to happen.