Chapter 9 - Navigating

Midoriya felt as though he couldn't breathe.  The bedroom wall at his back was the only thing holding him up.  The fingers on his left hand curled around his shin as he fought to hold himself together.  Izuku's raised knees trembled more with each passing second.  He'd heard the alpha's words, but they didn't make sense.

No...That's not...No.  I can't be presenting...not now. 

He gnawed his lip before breaking the silence.  "A-are you sure?  What if you're wrong?"

Katsuki's upper lip curled in anger.  "You calling me a liar now?"

"No! No I...I just...how do you know?"

Bakugo released a heavy sigh and ran a hand over his face.  "Need you to trust me."

"Huh?" The smaller male's brow furrowed.

"Do you trust me or not?" Katsuki growled.

Midoriya kept his eyes on Bakugo as he slowly lowered the hand that had been hovering protectively over the back of his neck.  The green-haired boy was so thoroughly exhausted; the pain and soreness in his jaw hadn't gone away and fresh beads of sweat continued to break out on his skin.  He just needed answers and the alpha was the only person who could help.

"I trust you." He finally breathed out.

Katsuki beckoned the other male with two fingers, motioning for him to come away from the wall.  Izuku reluctantly scooted forward. 

"What now?" Midoriya asked as his eyes nervously flicked to Katsuki's face.

"Stay still." Said the alpha. 

Izuku clawed at the carpet and fought the urge to raise his hands in defense.

Katsuki slowly and carefully moved until he was kneeling behind Midoriya.  He saw the smaller male flinch slightly.  "I told you to stay still."

"S-sorry!" Izuku stammered.  His nails dug deeper into the carpet as he waited for something to happen.

The alpha braced his palms on his thighs before leaning in close and whispering hoarsely into Midoriya's ear.  "I'm not gonna fucking hurt you.  Just don't move."

Izuku's mouth had gone completely dry.  Sweat was pooling in the well of his throat.  He kept his eyes trained on the opposite wall...on his bedroom door.  The room was silent other than the steady thump of Izuku's heartbeat.  Bakugo tried to ignore the sound and focus entirely on the task at hand.  The blond alpha closed his eyes and gently nuzzled Midoriya's scent glands.

The green-haired boy's mouth opened in a silent scream, his toes curling.  His new glands were extremely sensitive, and the slightest contact sent shudders through his entire frame.  It took every ounce of self-control to remain still.  Instincts were urging him to push the alpha away...part of him knew that he was supposed to protect his scent glands at all costs, but when he felt Katsuki's skin on his, Midoriya experienced a strange thrill.

Bakugo stifled a growl as he kept himself from making contact a second time.  His eyes were still closed, and he clawed at his thighs while Izuku's scent clouded his brain.  The alpha carefully analyzed the scent and felt as though he was catching a high.

Fuck.

There was no mistaking it; Midoriya was producing an omega's pheromones.  No other scent had the power to impact an alpha in such a significant way.  Katsuki kept inhaling, desperate to take the scent even deeper into his lungs.  The hair at the base of his neck stood up.