Seven

Luke hadn't always been a person that played dangerous games, he had become that way and he played these games for Michael and with the man. He seemed to always be falling into the matches of messing around in ways that caused damage one way or another, either physically or deeper.

He constantly was wrapped up in the back and forth, fighting with Michael, fighting with himself, with anyone he came into contact with and he hated how he was forcing it to be the same way with Calum. He didn't know why Calum was so hung up on him, outside of the obvious he didn't want to think of why he was so eager to push him into what he thought was inside of him still. He knew Calum was a fragile man, no matter how much of terrifying person he was all the same, no matter how much chaos lived inside of him, how much torment, sadism, insanity was surrounding his mind.

Ashton surrounded his heart, like a viper around it's prey and he was just as deadly, his own loving bleeding from his heart. Luke wondered what went through Ashton's head. He never spoke, silent as he stood back and he always felt worse the longer he stood in front of Calum and spat at the man with vicious words. Nothing ever got to the brunet like speaking against Ashton did, nothing ever made his hits harder and his voice sharper in a way that made Luke aware of the line he walked.

He didn't care to talk about Ashton, only did it because he was still playing his game, still trying to please Michael because if he did get back to the man, the least he could do is be as battered as Michael wanted him to be in the first place. Maybe the man did want him dead, at least in the moment but this had been the first time he went out of bounds to have it happened. Usually he got pissed off and acted as if he'd kill Luke, the blond knew he wouldn't and thought that maybe that was the reason why he asked it from Calum and Ashton.

The blond wasn't even sure if the couple would be able to handle ending his life, if Calum would or if he'd have to turn around and ask it of Ashton. He didn't know how Ashton felt towards him, if he was sympathetic, pitying him, caring for him but he was secure with the fact that as long as Calum was asking it of Ashton, the man was doing it for him without pushback and without any type of questions. It was simple between them, even with all the intricacies that were intertwining the two of them to each other.

The feeling of blood rolling down his jaw had Luke wiping at it uselessly, knowing it would only start to drip down again as he turned over, holding himself up on his palms and knees. He tilted his head up to look at Calum, staring in the dark holes of his mask, trailing down to watch his blood drip from Calum's knuckles, the way his fist tightened even more and his own blood dripped from the way his nails carved into his palms from the pressure that broke the skin under the manicured nails with chipped polish.

"Don't ever speak about him like that again! You don't know shit about us!"

He didn't, he knew that but he knew Calum loved Ashton in ways Luke would never experience or truly understand in feeling or the depth of it all. He never had such a level of love and compromise with Michael as they did with each other. Ashton would never let Calum get hurt, he knew the same could be said the other way around. Michael had put him in this situation and still, he was doing what the man wanted.

"Sure I don't, precious. Michael told me how much you bitch about him. Silent, only you get to hear his voice, right? When I get out of here, I'll cut his tongue out and he'll stay that way forever."

He lied with ease, straight back to nearly being pummeled when the brunet stepped forward, bracing himself again before Ashton was grabbing Calum's arm to make him stop, always making him stop suddenly and Luke didn't know why. To avoid Calum going too far? To stop Calum before he did something he would regret? Would Calum regret beating Luke to death in behalf of what vile things he said about his love? He envied them while admiring them and their relationship, the way he could feel every emotion they gave each other through their masks when Ashton would stand in front of Calum or hold him before taking him out.

He watched the man take Calum out as the brunet trembled in a mixture of overwhelming emotions. Luke felt a surge of guilt, knowing he had caused such anger and frustration in Calum, hoping it didn't bleed into making Calum so confused it hurt their relationship as the one thing that mattered to them both. He could hear them talking, hear Calum's concern even if he had put him into that situation, if he was the reason Ashton was coming back in to take care of him after a short while of disappearance.

He didn't say anything more, dropping onto the floor and pressing his head against the cool ground, trying to stop his head from beating violently, panting softly with his eyes shut gently to keep from making his headache worse. Not a single movement came from him when he heard the door opening, Ashton not caring as he merely moved to pick Luke up with ease to lay him over onto his back. He grabbed Ashton's wrist, the man looking at him with his mask turned to face him as he gritted his teeth and felt it rattle through his skull.

His weak grip tightened just barely before he let the man go with having his attention, blowing out heavily as he blinked back his tears and shut his eyes while he let Ashton move back to taking his few things out of the first aid kit he brought.

"Thank you and I'm sorry. About him and everything else."

Ashton didn't respond outside of a short glance as he wiped Luke's face with the blond laying pliantly, only wincing in reaction or making a pained noise, trying not to move to let the man do whatever he was sent by his boyfriend to do.

"You don't have to tell me or anything, I'm really just assuming because I honestly know dick all about the two of you and everyone else is in the same boat really but I don't know about any pay for hire killers that don't do research. Does he know about how I met Michael?"

Ashton paused, Luke opening his eyes to see what he was do, watching as he nodded shortly. He did the same back, hissing in pain as he balled up his fist and left silence to soak the air with Ashton on his knees beside his laying body. He had never told anyone how he met Michael, most people were too concerned with his attitude and what it would mean in the moment rather than to think of the why any of it had ever happened. Luke knew he didn't come from daisies and true love, from even his parents tolerating one another for his sake. He came from destruction and went straight back into it with Michael.

He had put his life on the line for his dad, begged Michael not to kill him on his knees in front of the man. He had been left behind by his brothers those couple years, had been left behind by an overdosing mother to an addict father who had done the same as his wife barely two weeks after Luke had risked himself. He wished he wouldn't have been so stupid, that the older man would've died sooner because then he wouldn't have ever been with Michael, learning new levels of love and destruction he had learned from his own family to being right there on the floor and jealous of another twisted love that laid in Calum and Ashton.

He would've settled for what they had, at least they loved and protected each other, at least they didn't have to fight for each other's affections, be labeled crudely for loving in the only way they knew how. He was startled by Ashton suddenly wiping his face again after having already moved down to his torso, zoning back in and realizing the few tears that had slipped out.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I was...just thinking about stupid shit."

Ashton merely let it go without an action outside of dropping the tissue back into his bag and moving to unclench Luke's hands from their fists to check his palms from his nails like he had done for Calum plenty of times before, knowing exactly where his mind had gone because he had also taken Calum from the same depths plenty of times as well.

-

AN: a Luke pov, small but it's a lot on how he sees Cashton, Michael and how Muke became a couple.

Any thoughts on any of the characters? Luke is very observant, with valid reasons. I see a lot of y'all have sympathy for Luke, hopefully y'all liked his little pov too.

And, as always, Thank you for reading and interacting. I'm happy to see you all reacting and how you're viewing the characters so far!! See y'all next chapter!! <3 <3

:).....