C h a p t e r O n e - V a c a n c y F o r H u s b a n d

The Bad Boy's Fairytale

Copyright © 2013 by Alice Joseph

C  h  a  p  t  e  r  –   O  n  e

V  a  c  a  n  c  y    F  o  r    H  u  s  b  a  n  d

I DIDN’T THINK MY DAY could get any worse until my father told me I was going to get married next week.

“I…what did you just say?” My best friend Hanna Millers said in shock after everything I told her. Yup I had the same expression as what she has on her face at the moment. Horror.

I stood in the hallway of my school, leaning over one my boots, adjusting it. Jerking my head up, I stared at my best friend who was standing in front of me looking pretty as always. Her hair was ash blond and her skin was a bit pale like mine and her beautiful hazel eyes of course, which were behind her huge squared glasses. She’s beautiful but she hides her beauty. She’s my best friend since we were 5. Her dad is also our family friends.

“I said I’m getting married.” I straightened up and shook the hair out of my face. Then I shrugged as if it wasn’t something big. But it was BIG! It was probably the biggest thing in my life. I wasn’t supposed to get married until I had my degrees. Now look at me, I’m looking for my own husband. Mum I’m sure you’re proud of me in heaven. Note the sarcasm please.

Students hurried past us, on their way to meet friends or go to dinner. Some even stared at us while walking. You see, me and Hanna are the popular girls. No not the bitchy kind. We are popular because we’re rich and most guys call us hot but to be honest, that wasn’t just the reason of our popularity. Most people hated us when we first came in this school in 5th grade. One day a guy of 8th grade was forcing himself on one of the popular girls -who is now a cheerleader- anyways, I stepped in and kicked his family jewels and also broke his nose. Ever since then I was popular and Hanna being my friend became popular too.

Boy’s wanted to date us but I paid no attention to them because all I care about are my studies. I was friends with everyone in school but I also kept my distance.

“So you’re telling me that your father is forcing you to marry. Whether it’s Liam or anyone else?” She asked

“Unfortunately” I muttered.

Before I could do anything, Hanna pulled me into a tight hug. “I’m so sorry.”

I frowned and patted her on the back awkwardly. Shouldn’t she be comforting me instead? Hanna had always been like this. Whenever I was in trouble, she comforts herself instead of comforting me every time. Though that was the part that always made me smile at my best friend because somewhere in between comforting herself, she somehow comforts me.

“Um… it’s ok Han” I said amused. It was only Hanna who could amuse me in such situations.

She moved back sniffing. “So who’s the lucky guy?” She asked, lowering her voice. “Have you selected anyone yet? Do you like anyone?”

I scowled “No Hanna, I just recently found out myself that I’m getting married. I’m still kinda in shock myself.” I wasn’t angry at her. I was angry at my fate. I was angry at my father. And Hanna understood that.

She sighed “Well you only have 2 weeks. A normal relationship would take years or months to get till marriage. No one would step up for marriage so soon.”

“Thank you Han. That sounds very comforting” I said sarcastically. I know she’s right. No guy would step up to marriage too soon. Even if I date for a week, no one will get till marriage.