C h a p t e r T w o - P a y T h e B a d B o y

C h a p t e r  –  T w o

P a y   T h e   B a d   B o y

THIS WAS NOT FUNNY! I thought when I looked at my laptop screen the next day. Hanna and I had been getting ready for school. Hanna had slept over last night. My life couldn’t have been anymore worse until Hanna showed me her news alerts on yahoo. It was on the news. Me getting married was on the news!!! How did they find out? It was supposed to be a secret until I found my husband. What will my father say? He will-Wait a minute. Did my father do this? Of course he did. He knew I couldn’t run away if the whole world knew I was getting married. It was all part of his plan. Oh how I hate him.

“It’ll be fine. It’s a good thing, right?” Hanna said. She had come home with me yesterday. We were looking for decent guys for marriage on some stupid dating website. I was stupid, really I was. I found pedophiles on that website. Believe me, it was disgusting. Some of them had to be my father’s age. I was like their daughters age and they were asking me disgusting questions. One of them asked me to do a lap dance on the wedding night and he was freaking sixty-five!

I looked at Hanna as if she had grown another head “How is that-” I pointed at the screen. “-a good thing? It’s all part of my father’s plan so I can’t get out of the marriage.” I said. I seriously was ruined. My life is going to be marrying Liam and changing his children’s diapers while he’s out having fun. Yup that’s what I’m gonna be now. The diaper changing mummy.

“Stop sulking!” Hanna snapped. “And this is a good thing because it’ll be easier for you to find a guy now. Guys will know your looking for a guy and-”

I cut her off “-Did you not read it Hanna? It says right here-“ I pointed on the screen where I wanted her to read. “-Frank Hayward, the world’s top business man is finally going to see his little princess in a white dress. Rosemary Hayward is finally tying the knot on 3rd march. We have yet to see the handsome groom but we will surely see him on the wedding. There are rumors that it is a love marriage. Young love is always beautiful. We wish young Rosemary and her fiancé all the best for their marriage.” I read out to her. I hated this journalist, Rebecca Stiles. The women knew everything.

“Even if guys see this, they would congratulate me instead of being the groom! They all think I already have a husband and that I’m happily getting married on third march. Can you believe it? He also fixed the date!” I was very very upset today. Bad things happen when I get upset. Well the only bad thing that happens is me getting stomach-ache. I eat a lot of chocolate when I’m upset.

“You should talk to your dad about this.” Hanna said. Even she looked worried now. Hanna was my only advisor and if she gets worried then I get worried too.

“You’re right” I said and walked out of my room. As I walked down the stairs all I could think about was how was I going to leave this house? This is the place where I was raised up, where I had all my memories. Memories of my mother. This house might not be like it used to be but its still home.

I reached my father’s study and knocked on it. Usually my father is the one who calls me here but today I have come here myself. After mother passed away, I was never allowed in the study. He would stay away from me and would stay in his study most of the time. I was only ten then. So many things had changed after she was gone. My father changed. My life changed.

“Come in” I heard my fathers muffled voice from behind the door.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I see him sitting there all nice and clean, sitting in his chair. My eyes landed on the man sitting in front of him. I smiled as I realized who it was. I’ve known him since childhood. Alberto Ricardo. My father’s advocate and a very good family friend. He looked like one of those creepy old mans. He’s a great man but old though, probably in his sixties, with white hair and beard. After mother passed away, Alberto had been there for me. He knew how my father treated me so he was always there for me.