Testing, Testing, 1..2..3... Is this me?

Pomegranate cookie came back in shortly with a mirror in hand. It was a large mirror, about the size of a Vanity.
"I really hate that thing." Strawberry Crepe muttered.
"I don't think it's meant to be something you like." Licorice grumbled, flipping around a pen in his hands. He would clumsily drop it every now and then.
"Silence. Testing is in session." She placed the mirror in front of Custard, it immediately warped with magic. Custard wanted to ask something but held his mouth shut. Pomegranate was clearly seething. "Its a simple thing to get through your little noggin, okay? We ask you questions, you answer, they answer, okay?" He'd nod quickly. Pomegranate sat in a chair. "Who wants to go first?"
Poison Mushroom raised their hand wildly. "OH OH! What's.... your name??"
"Custard cookie the third." He stated.
"True!" His reflection spoke, startling the small king cookie. Licorice would let out a laugh.
"Thank you, Mushroom. As if we didn't already know that.. who wants to go next?" Pomegranate pinched the bridge of her nose. Custard sat there studying the mirror, it copied everything he did still..
"Do you actually want to join our team or is this some kind of big escape plan you have going on in your head? I hope so. Chiffon finds it fun when they run." Red Velvet sneered. The comment made Custard uneasy.
"I don't plan on escaping.. and I do want to join your team...I'd rather no one get hurt like that.." Custard fumbled with his hands.
   "....True." The mirror took a bit to get the answer.
    "What do you actually do-? Like, can you fight at all or are you just a useless healer?" Licorice chewed on the pen.
    "I.... don't know how to fight... I'm sure I could learn! Plus, I'm not just any healer cookie, I can heal extreme wounds such as large gashes 'n' stuff! I am the heir to the throne!" Custard tried to put on a false pride.
    "Could you heal a cookie after they've been cut in half?" Strawberry Crepe asked.
     "Uh.... morbid.. but I'm sure I could. It isnt too far from what I do now..." Custard muttered.
     "It is much farther than what we usually do by ourselves. The wounds we had help with." The reflection rolled its eyes, Custard felt his own eyes roll.
     "Ugh....Pomegranate, we really going to hire him-?" Licorice twirled the chewed pen again.
     "We hired you and you're fully incompetent. This brat would be an upgrade." Pomegranate growled. Licorice was about to retort before he angrily chewed through his pen, the ink getting all over his tongue. He gagged and sputtered while Pomegranate laughed.
      "Who's your family? You gotta have someone waiting for you back at the kingdom." Strawberry Crepe hummed, still looking at something on their phone. Custard was pretty sure they were filming Licorice's suffering.
     "Oh, uhm.." Custard frowned. "They're dead. I never met my mom and memories of my dad is hazy... but my grandpa was Premier Custard- I hung out with him a lot!"
      "True." the reflection spoke quickly.
    "Premier Custard? You mean Premier Custard Creme Cookie?" Strawberry Crepe suddenly snapped their attention fully to Custard.
    "Yeah-?" Custard got nervous. Did he say something wrong?
      Pomegranate glowered. "So you're related to Pure Vanilla Cookie?"
     "Oh, yeah, never met him but hes my great great grandfather-" Custard was startled by the sudden fist shoved through the table. Pomegranate's unyielding fury made Custard want to scramble away but he stayed in place, knowing if he did he would be vaporized.
      "........." Pomegranate removed her cut fist. "Heal this." Custard did as he was told, not saying a word. Pomegranate paused, a small smirk daring to grace her lips. "He's hired. That's final."
       "WHAT?! No- no no no! Pomegranate!" Licorice started spitting out a slew of words, all being ones of distaste.
      "Hate to say it but Licorice is right- why in the ovens are we allowing...that to join?!" Red Velvet growled.
     "Are you dare questioning my authority?!" Pomegranate exploded at the two. She grabbed the mirror and walked out of the room, the two cookies running after her to complain.
    "...Do be careful, young one." Dark Choco looked solemn, walking out.
    "Poma.... mad!" Poison muttered.
    "Yeah! That was... eventful! Welcome to the team, I guess?" Strawberry Crepe held their hand out to Custard.
     Custard shook it.
_________________________________________

  Wizard groaned, scribbling across the route he had just drawn. Planning routes was usually easy but getting there quickly? Another story. To get there quickly still wouldn't be quick enough to stop Custard Cookie the third from getting into trouble, but the longer he took the more trouble Custard could be in. He let out a loud groan, it bouncing off of the walls of the tower.
    "Ah, route not coming along well?" Espresso asked, the scent of coffee filling the room.
    "That obvious?" Wizard grumbled. Espresso walked over, about to lay a hand onto the map, but wizard angrily swatted it away. He hated admitting he needed help.
    "Rude. You clearly arent going to be as efficient on your own. A kid like you would need help." Espresso took a pencil and began to sketch across the map.
     "I am not a kid! I can handle this!" Wizard yelled.
     "This map should've been done a day ago. You do not have any grasp on this." Espresso quickly made the route. "There. We leave now. We've wasted enough time." Espresso left, the clunk of boots being heard down the halls and through the tower as he exited.
    "Stuck up, prick." Wizard grumbled, packing up and preparing to go.

_________________________________________

The mirror test will back with a bigger role, this is just an introduction to it.