12. Shutdown

It has been a month since the revelation of Bang PD and A.I's relationship. A.I's parents were initially hesitant and totally against her pursuing the idol career and accepting the relationship, which is understandable considering the age gap between them. A.I's parents withdrew her from the group, Bang P.D pleaded a lot but in vain.

For now, it is decided that we will be promoted as a three-member group, and soon it was officially declared about A.I's hiatus. It was a huge hit to our fanbase, a lot of them left because of the continuous scandals and hence the sponsors were also unhappy. But there were good things that happened as well, Jinah got another acting offer and this time in a movie, the film had a great cast, Alina also got to feature in many other artist's songs and sometimes composed them as well.

You must think, what happened to me?

Sigh! Well, I got to guest on a few reality shows but the experiences weren't that great. Soon, my activities were halted and the only next activity that I had was the comeback. I gained some weight, and soon the cyber bullying also started. Well cyber bullying was being carried out, even before I gained weight, my break-up with Jay was not taken well. A.I's case acted as a cherry on top.

I rarely visited the company building, and most of the time I was embarrassed to visit. I knew it before it was too late that depression has crept into my life. One time I met Jake at the same place where we talked heartily for the first time, the HYBE terrace.

That day I was sitting quietly, having my sandwich and introspecting my life. I saw Jake sit in front of me. I have rarely seen him start a conversation, but that day he did.

"How are you doing, Noona?",Jake asked

I smiled a bit and said, "Well, I'm trying to live life. Going with the flow it seems"

Jake kept quiet.

I said, "Jake, it's fine, you don't have to be here. Please go and do your work"

Jake looked at me and wanted to speak but stopped.

After sometimes he broke the silence by saying,

"Noona, do you know why I was there filling bottles the first time we met?"

"Well! I was always intrigued by you. I was interested in you. I used to think, you are different, the way you embraced this foreign world. I couldn't. You were my inspiration."

"But my friend, fell for you first. Approached you first. Confessed to you first."

"I indeed was a coward. And I still am now! I always watch you from afar"

"But I don't have any regrets, I am glad I was able to convey my feelings to Noona. Even if I know Noona will never love me back. I liked to see you smile, sometimes cry for my friend and sometimes just watching you sleep"

"Thank you for existing. Phew I feel light now", said Jake and stood up.

I kept on looking at him.

"But Noona, do you realize what you want from life? We are always dictated by the choices others make. Have you ever made any choices on your own?" said Jake

I was struck with a bitter truth.

"Noona is a good human, you should now search for your happiness. Be it a person or something you want to do.", said Jake and left.

I kept sitting there, when a message popped up.