17. Long Flight

It is the day we go for the Cherry Blossom festival. I have been living in Korea for some years now, but I have never visited the festival, even though I always wanted to visit the festival, but never managed to visit. Finally I will be visiting it with Yeonjun, I have always noticed that Yeonjun makes sure that all my untold dreams are fulfilled. Be it the cravings that I had for Indian food or that of the cherry blossoms.

I wore a pastel olive colored turtleneck pullover, a pendant and jeans with a pair of sneakers. As I was packing my handbag with basic necessities like face masks and many other things, I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed to the door to see Yeonjun dressed like this.

I don't know if it's the sudden realization that I have fallen in love with him, or anything but Yeonjun looks great to me, I know he has always been handsome, but I have never really given it a thought earlier

I don't know if it's the sudden realization that I have fallen in love with him, or anything but Yeonjun looks great to me, I know he has always been handsome, but I have never really given it a thought earlier. I blush seeing him go all boyfriend material.

Yeonjun said, "You look so pretty!!! Are you really Aahi?"

My blush was short lived I smacked him and said "YAHHH! I am not going with you" and was closing the door, when he held the edge of the door and said, "I was kidding. You have always been pretty in my eyes"

I thought, "What is this guy, some kind of flirt?"

I scratched that off and stepped out with him. The cherry blossom festival took place in a nearby park, a few meters away from where I lived currently.

Yeonjun was busy chattering, he talks a lot nowadays, not that I complain about the same. I feel good when someone talks to me, as I am not much of a speaker and much of a listener. During our 10 minutes walk to the park, he spoke about his schedule, what he thinks he will be cooking for me tomorrow and the day after, he is also planning on cleaning my room as I barely can take care of the same, he also told that I need to fill up the form for the entrance exam. He sounded less of a crush but more of a manager to me. Who said you can't have a manager if you are no longer a celebrity. I had mine in Yeonjun.

Yeonjun looked at me and said, "You must think I am being pushy right?"

I looked surprised and asked, "And why do you think I will think that you are being pushy?"

"As a friend I could not save you from any scandals nor could I mend your relationships with Jay. I couldn't be there when people were bad mouthing you.", said Yeonjun as we sat in one of the benches in the park.

I looked at him, held his hand and said, "Why do you think it's your responsibility to protect me from everything and everyone? We are individual human beings, we are bestowed with enough resources to protect ourselves. Also what is destined to happen will happen. Don't blame yourself for things that were never in your hands."

Yeonjun was sulking.

I added, "In fact I feel I should thank you for always standing up for me, for reaching me out and supporting me whenever I needed you. Also thank you for not leaving me alone in the convenience store dead at night."