3.

I stood right in front of the lockers, angrily biting on my nails.
"Was your first school day after an eternity so stressful that you have to bite your nails off", Jay joked, while putting his books into his locker.
"That's not it", I sighed and turned to him. "They won't let me repeat the year", I mumbled.
"So you're getting kicked out of school?", he asked.
"Yeah, if I don't do some kind of social work", I replied.
"Then do that", he simply shrugged his shoulders.
"But I would have to something like a guardian angel program and I hate humans! These things can't even protect their own planet!", I complained.
"You're really arguing about this?", he raised an eyebrow.
We were walking to our next class, while making a stop at the biology room, since Jay had to pick up something.
"Uhm, yeah...?", I exclaimed.
"Oh, right! I forgot that you don't care about your future", he rolled his eyes. I just grumbled at his comment as I couldn't fight back. "Look I'm saying this as a friend. To be honest you're extremely lucky to still have a chance to graduate. Considering the fact that you will literally ruin your life if you stop going to school right now, you should suppress your high ego for once and just do something you hate", Jay advised me. For a second I just looked down. I never listen to anyone, but if even Jay tells me to go to that stupid program, maybe, just maybe should I listen to the others for once.

The rest of the school day went by slowly. For most of the time I didn't understand anything they were saying since I missed almost all my classes. It was the first time I saw Jay being smart. He knew so many answers and could reply to almost every question in every subject. The school day made me realize how behind I was in contrast to everyone else. It felt as if I was stuck in time, while everyone else was moving.

After school, I bid goodbye to Jay and went home. There, I went straight to my room and looked around. I realized how much time I wasted in this room or in general. While I was skipping classes, stealing things and hiding from everyone, all the others were maturing and living life. I sighed and grabbed my phone. I then did some research about that guardian angel program.

After a few hours, my family slowly started coming home. We then all gathered for dinner. The atmosphere was awkward and for the first time no one dared to say something. My dad then decided to break the silence.
"So, uhm, we're sorry for signing you up there without your consent", my dad quietly apologized.
"You don't have to go there if you don't want to-", my mom started, but I cut her off.
"I'll do it", I mumbled and looked down.
"Really?", my mom asked surprised. I nodded quietly. My parents exchanged looks and smiled relieved. Seeing them smile in relieve, made me question my life choices up to now. As if it was the first time I did the right choice. They kept explaining me the program and how it would work. We then chatted about Yeji's achievements like always.

After that I went back to my room and played a random game on my phone. My parents were calling the school in the meantime, telling them I would be absent for three months because of the program. After that, they told me that the program would start in a week and that I would have to live in a dormitory closer to the guardian angel academy. The more I heard about all the things that I would have to do while being there, the more demotivated and exhausted I felt already, just from the thought of it.

For the next week, I regularly went to school. I even tried to be on time, but I still struggled with that. Jay and I still met at our hideout and would hang out there. Today was the last day I would spend at home with my normal daily life. I was chilling at the hideout with Jay, while talking about this and that.
"That program starts tomorrow right?", Jay asked.
"Yeah, sadly", I replied, as I laid on the sofa, while staring at the ceiling.
"Three months is a pretty long time for a program", he uttered.
"I know right! Dude, I really don't wanna go! I already hate their rules and the whole concept. I just wanna stay young forever", I complained and I sat up.
"There's no going back now. Also remember why you're doing it. You still want to graduate, right?", Jay reminded me.
"Gosh, I hate all my life decisions I made", I sighed. After a while we decided to go home.
"You'll survive those three month. Also it's not like they'll isolate you so just keep in touch with me", Jay consoled me.
"If they take my phone away, just know that I'm probably thinking about running away", I told him, making him laugh. After that we said goodbye to each other.

Back at home I was packing my stuff for tomorrow. While packing I became sadder and sadder. After that I had dinner for the last time for the time being. This time, the dinner chat was all about me and that program. I was annoyed at the fact that I had to go there, but on the other hand there was nothing I could do. Even if I don't put much thought into serious life changing stuff, I do want to graduate.

The next morning my parents helped me carrying my stuff to the train station. Flying there would be faster, but since we had to carry stuff we just walked there. At the train station my mom started worrying for me, while my dad checked if I had everything.
"Don't forget to call me every night. And if something happens let us know", my mom said, while squeezing my cheeks.
"You sound as if you're sending me off for forever. I'm just gone for three month. I'll survive them", I assured her and gently pushed her hands away.
"You have everything you need right?", my dad asked. I nodded as response. Right then the train I would take drove in. I grabbed my suitcases and entered it. My dad helped me store the other suitcase as he also got off. Both off them started crazily waving their arms, until the train took off and drove me further away. I kept watching them until I couldn't see my parents anymore. I then leaned back into my seat and kept staring out the window.

Three months, it'll only be three month that I'll have to survive there...