22.

My heart started racing as my stomach filled with butterflies. His eyes were still fixated on me. 'You'. His answer still echoed in the back of my head, making my face heat up. Taken aback, I jumped up and quickly looked away, as if it would make my blush disappear. Why did this feel like a scene straight out of a movie? Still overwhelmed with my feelings, I tried to change my mind and calm down. Don't take it the wrong way. He probably didn't mean it like that. But he thinks about me...
"You good?", he asked. I turned to him, a concerned expression plastered on his face. I slapped my face with both my hands, as if it would make my thoughts disappear.
"Y-Yeah", I stuttered, still shaking my head. "Ah, I just got an idea!", I changed the topic, trying to distract him from my flustered appearance. Curiously he looked at me.

Shortly after, we went down the hill and walked around the city for quite a while.
"Bro, do you even know where we're going? Feels like we're walking in a circle", Sunghoon spoke out after a while. After I got Sunghoon a juice box at a convenience store close to the hill, we've been aimlessly walking around. I expected that question sooner or later since I only tried to get out of the situation from before. Seeing how I struggled to find an answer, his suspicion only grew as he raised his eyebrow. Right at that moment I saw an announcement for a fortune telling session.
"There! We're here!", I pointed at it out of a panic. Sunghoon turned around, looked at it, turned back to me and furrowed his eyebrows.
"You sure you wanna go there?", he asked, not really enthusiastic about the idea. I just nodded eagerly and dragged him along, so that he couldn't question me any further.

We went down a weird and scary basement path, until we finally arrived at a small shop with a cheap sign reading 'Lana's Fortune telling'. Upon opening the old creaking door, we met an older lady sitting behind a counter, which was hidden under a red silk blanket. She was so focused on arranging incense sticks that she didn't even notice us entering her shop. Sunghoon looked at me with an expression that read 'Let's leave as quick as possible', which I shared. I cleared my throat to draw her attention to us, which worked, as she looked up only with her eyes, discontentment written all over her face.
"Uhh, we're here for a session", I broke the silence. She looked back at her incense sticks and made some final touches on them, before standing up and leaving behind a red curtain. Sunghoon and I exchanged looks of confusion, until the old lady's head peaked out from behind the covers, hinting us to follow her.

The room behind the curtains was as small as the entrance, if not smaller. It was decorated in a mystic way and had a few card decks of tarot cards placed in the middle of another table covered in a red silk blanket. The lady took a seat behind the table. She then crouched down and picked up a sack that made a clinking sound, as she placed it on the table as well. After making small arrangements, she finally looked at us.
"So what kind of fortune telling are you looking for today?", the elderly asked in a monotonous and bored way. Her sentences were also carried by a heavy foreign accent.
"Uhh, the normal ones?", I asked slightly unsure, as I didn't have any knowledge of fortune telling. She raised an eyebrow.
"Detailed? Undetailed? Relationships? Money? General Future? Both of you together? Separate?", she questioned, keeping her tone of speech. Sunghoon and I exchanged looks and whispered, until we agreed on separate sessions. She then pointed at me, hinting to sit down, so I did. She started mixing the deck of cards and told me to pick a stone out of the crinkling sack. I rummaged around the little stones a little, until I pulled out a deep black, oval-shaped stone.
"An obsidian", the lady pointed out. "Someone or something is protecting you from negativity right now. It's also a sign of finding your true self", she clarified. As she said the first sentence my gaze automatically wandered to Sunghoon, who smiled proudly, as if that sentence was dedicated to him. The lady finally finished mixing the cards and placed it on the table. She revealed the first card, which pictured a sun raining on two animals, which looked like a sort of dogs. "The Moon. It appears to me that you struggle with something in your subconscious. You're probably dealing with some confusion", she explained. I didn't react as I immediately thought of Sunghoon, as the answer as to what was causing the confusion, considering my crush, was obvious. She kept going as she pulled another card. "Ace of cups. This stands for love and compassion. Maybe it is self-love or love towards someone else you're experiencing right now. Connecting this with the moon from before, I think you are dealing with repressed emotions", she elaborated. I perked up at her words, as she basically nailed her assumptions about me. Surprised of the accuracy, I felt taken aback, but also excited for the next card. I curiously waited for her to draw the next one, as she did. "Nine of cups. Seems like you're getting a happy ending at least. Probably in the near future a wish of yours will come true. It also stands for inner satisfaction. Maybe you get a job you always wanted or get to get closer to someone you want to spent time with", she finished. I stared at the last card for a while. The nine of cups kind of gave me hope. Surprisingly I could connect really well with her reading especially since everything reminded me of Sunghoon. Actually it felt as if she directly meant Sunghoon. What if my wish really came true? But these are just some colourful cards made out of paper, as if anything she says would come true. Erasing the little hope in my subconscious, I looked down, saddened that it probably will never happen. "All in all I'd advice you to stop overthink everything and just live in the moment. You're still young. You don't need to think about all that. Sometimes it's easier to let your heart decide, rather then letting your mind imagine every possible outcome. Just relax and go with the flow. Who knows? Maybe that's the key to all your thinking", she finished. The more she spoke the more her words sank in. Especially her last words hit me like a brick in the face, but they also felt as if a heavy baggage was taken off my chest. These words were exactly what I needed to hear. She was right. It didn't matter what I think the future would look like or what results could possible come out on any action I would take. I knew exactly what I felt from the start and still tried to push it away, but the more I pushed it away, the harder it came back. Lastly I had to admit to myself that I developed romantic feelings for Sunghoon.