16.

Sunghoon pov:

Back in my shared room with Jake, I laid on my bed and took out the report card to write down today's events. I reminisced the day from the morning. The school day was like always and the after time as well. I had fun hanging out with Sunoo. Why did he even blush that hard? I don't think it was because of something I said. I must admit he has some adorable traits when he's embarrassed. I still didn't accomplish the mission of getting him a friend besides me. Well, he does hang out with that Niki guy. They seem pretty close for only hanging out a few times. They even share secrets now. I don't like him. He's rude. The smile that unconsciously formed itself on my face faded, as I thought about that guy. Well, I do want Sunoo to have friends, so I can't really complain, can I? Exhausted by my thoughts I pushed the report card to the side and sighed into my pillow. Right at that moment I heard a light thud behind me. I looked up to see Jake with his report card in his hands.
"You look fed up", he noticed, as he took a seat on his bed.
"Being a guardian is harder than it seems. You sure you wanna make a living with this?", I voiced drained. Jake chuckled at my comment.
"Do easy jobs even exist?", he asked back, "What is it this time? Did Sunoo still not make any friends?"
"No, he did. It's just that I don't like this guy. He doesn't seem like a good influence. But at the same time I can't be picky and it's also his decision to hang out with whoever he wants to", I spilled my thoughts. He was quiet for a moment. Suspicious, I took a look at him. He had one eyebrow raised and had a little grin form at the corner of his mouth. "I don't like this expression of yours", I uttered. He cackled at my remark.
"Well, like you said, you can't decide who Sunoo wants to hang out with. If he's vibing with him then that's all that matters and if he turns out to be a bad guy, Sunoo has you. You're still his guardian. You will protect him, right?", Jake replied.
"The problem is not that Sunoo doesn't like him, it's that I don't like him", I said.
"Are you worried for Sunoo now or are you just being jealous of that guy?", he joked.
"What? I'm not jealous! I'm just- doing my job... as a guardian", I exclaimed, as I felt my cheeks get warmer.
"Right, I forgot that you don't admit things easily. Anyway just keep check on them. There isn't much you can do. Or find him another friend to hang out with", he suggested and laid down, holding his report card up his face.
"Why you always gotta be a smartass, Jake?", I sighed and switched sides, facing the wall.

The next day I woke Sunoo up as he almost slept in. Together we walked to school. I took my seat on the shelve, while listening to Sunoo's teacher passionately talking about quantum physics and ignoring the general attention sinking with every sentence he spoke.

After a dreading hour of this annoying blabbering of this teacher, he finally set the students free to their small break. I got up and walked over to Sunoo, crouching in front of his desk to be on his eye level.
"Damn, this teacher really can't shut his mouth. He was rambling for an hour straight without noticing that everyone fell asleep", I complained and played with a pen. Sunoo quickly stopped me.
"My classmates will think these pens are flying if you play with them right now", he whispered, referring to my invisibility to his classmates.
"Did you even take notes? You said your grades are dropping", I changed the topic.
"Says the person, who's at fault", he angry-whispered, "At least I know someone, who took notes." He looked over to the other side of the classroom. I followed his gaze leading to a brown haired guy. He had his shirt neatly tucked into his pants and was diligently taking notes in an organized notebook.
"Who's that?", I asked.
"His name is Lee Heeseung. He's the class best and all the teachers love him. Though he seems to be a little antisocial. I've never seen him hang out with anyone", Sunoo explained for only me to hear. I stared at his face. Antisocial and a nerd. He's just like Sunoo. "I hope I end up with him on the biology project. Then I don't have to worry about my grade at least...", he mumbled and kept scribbling on his paper. I suddenly thought about Jake's words, when out of the blue a thought flashed my mind. I jumped up, making Sunoo startle.
"I'm gone for a few minutes", I announced and stormed out of the room, leaving a perplexed Sunoo.

I rushed to the teacher's office. Monitoring Sunoo for the past days and observing him at school, let me get to know his teachers too. Knowing his biology teacher would've probably already picked the groups for the biology project, I had the brilliant idea to pair him and Heeseung together. I just need to get him another friend, right? Sneaking into the room I immediately looked for the teachers name. She always had a notebook, where she kept most of her notes for Sunoo's class. As I paged through her book I finally found the side of the biology project and the group list. Ha, I'm a genius. I searched for Sunoo's name, who was paired with a random dude. Feeling rushed, I just grabbed a pencil and crossed out the names of their random partners and reconnected Heeseung's name with Sunoo's. Hoping that this would be enough, I closed the notebook and put it back where I found it. I then nonchalantly walked back to Sunoo's class, who was staring out the window.

"What we're you doing?", Sunoo asked me, as he noticed I was back.
"God's work", I crossed my arms proudly. Sunoo just scoffed at me for this comment. Right then his biology teacher entered the class and closed the door. The students quiet down and went back to their seat. I took a seat on the shelve and watched the scene unravel.
"So as promised, we will have projects in pairs that I want you to submit", she stated as the class groaned.