(Prologue)

This is my first ever book hopefully you'll enjoy it.

(Word count: 1375)
————

Makoto's POV

The massive building towers over all the other buildings in this bustling urban area. It's like the school stands at the center of the entire world.

Hope's Peak Academy...

It brings in top students from every field imaginable. A government-funded school of privilege...

They say that if you manage to come here and graduate, You'll be set for life.  With hundreds of years of tradition, I sends the cream of the crop into the work force every year. It was built it raise hope in the nation's future. Which makes Hope's peak a pretty fitting name.

In order to even attend this school you must have two things. One, You have to already be attending high school. Two, You have to be the very best at what you do. No ordinary student can enroll here. The only way in is if you're scouted by the school itself.

And standing there at the ultimate school filled with all the ultimate students...

...Was me.

Before we go and further, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Makoto Naegi. As you can see, I'm nothing but a hopelessly average high school student.

Average on the outside, Average on the inside.

I really don't have much going for me when it comes to grades, Special abilities, Even personality. I mean yeah, I have hobbies and stuff I like to do, But it's not like I'm a psychic or mutant or whatever.

Like if you asked me what my favourite song was, Or favorite movie or TV show... They'd all be whatever's most popular at that particular moment. Even among the average, I'm completely average. So I can't even say I'm your everyday hero type.

That's just who I am.

Anyways, I figue that it's always good to introduce yourself right off the bat. But you know, If i have any "storng point" So to speak... I'd say that I'm a little more gung-ho than other people.

I mean look at me. I am completely ordinary, But still... Here I am, Standing in front of anything but ordinary Hope's Peak Academy.

Makoto:"I still can't believe I'm standing here, I wonder if someone like me can survive in a place like this..."

Its got this overwhelming presence... Like its trying to swallow me whole. But it's no wonder I feel this way. What you have to understand is...

Well, Let me just tell you about the "Preparation" I did last night to get ready for today.

Hope's peak only invites those students that are the truly elite in thier field. It's such a popular topic, Thare are even online threads that are dedicated to talking about the school's attendees. So to prepare, I looked up some of those threads.

All I saw was talk about "Ultimate" students, who were way beyond you average high schooler. For example, one incoming student is the "Ultimate Pop Sensation"

I guess she's a high school girl who's also the lead singer for a pop group famous all across the country.

There's also the "Ultimate Baseball Star." He was the cleanup hitter for the National High School Champs. Pro teams already have their eyes on him.

Then there's the "Ultimate Fashionista."  She's been on the cover of tons of fashion magazines. She's what every high school girl wants to be.

Oh, They also mentioned the "Ultimate Biker Gang Leader" too. The scary thing is. He's the de facto leader of every biker gang in Japan. Gangs everywhere love the guy...