(Chapter 8): First Appearance

————————
3rd person POV

The both of them rested with no one to interrupt. Not even Junko.

"Urg...!" However, only one of them managed to truly sleep peacefully.

Y/N's breaths became rapid and shaky. His body shook in place as he kept tossing and turning in his spot.

————————
Unknown place...

He opened his eyes to see chaos. Everywhere everything burned. Buildings, streets, and above, a massive smoke cloud covered the sky.

Screams. They were everywhere. All of it in pain or fear. Dark, horrifying figures chased people in his peripherals.

Once again, his heart raced at a frenzied pace. He attempted to step away from all of it, turning his head left and right. Trying to see who would approach him.

As he turned his head right again, one of the dark figures leaped at him. Their mouth wide open. The teeth were disfigured and inside was nothing but darkness.

He closed his eyes putting his arms up instinctively. Though, no pain was felt. Realizing this, he opened his eyes again.

All around him was dark. Like a void. All the screaming, burning, smoke, it was all gone. There was only one thing in front of him.

As if to emphasize the point, it had a light shined on it. The only light in the darkness.

His stomach turned. Almost wanting to throw up at the scene in front of him. He knew already that they died. Murdered by their own classmate. However, he never truly saw how her body looked.

Feeling tears prickle his eyes, he tried to look away. However something held his head in place and kept his eyes open — forcing him to look.

*Tssshhh!*

Static started to cover his vision. Blinding him and covering his sight again and again. Soon words started to appear — covering his sight further.

The words appeared in split seconds. It was too fast for him to read, but soon, as it kept appearing he was able to piece it together.

You forgot

You forgot

You forgot

You forgot

You forgot

You forgot

You forgot

Eventually the words appeared more then he could see.

——————
Back in the present...

Y/N opened his eyes and gasped for air. His eyes shined red, eventually turning dull.

*Tssshhhh!*

Static covered his vision for only a moment. Suddenly, he was up — holding his head in pain. His posture slouched over.

*Tssshhh!*

He was down on the ground again. Crawling on all fours with one of his hand holding his head. His eyes were as dilated as one could get. Saying he was horrified would be an understatement.