Chapter 2: poker

I knock on the door gently and back up. To be honest their house looks kind of scary. Gives off the vibes of a victorian vampire having sex with an emo. Before I have much more time to think of more cursed ideas the door swings open.
"Oh, hello (Y/N)!" the raccoon dad said with a smile on his face. ...does this guy do anything without a smile on his face? Whatever it doesn't matter.
"Hello Mr. ssuuuuuhhhhh..."
"You can call me Glam"
"Hello Mr. Glam" I responded with an awkward smile. The idea of calling an adult by their first name is so weird so I stuck a "Mr" in front to seem more polite. He held out his hand in an inviting manner and I stepped inside.

     The house was honestly really cool on the inside. Right at the door there was what looked like a handmade key-holder that said "METAL FAMILY" on it. All the keys looked really cool too. I liked the pink one with the diamond looking symbol on it. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a band or if it's an upside down pink ribbon. He continued to lead me through various hallways until I was led to what looked like a dining room with the rest of the family inside. There were two empty chairs near the entrance; I chose the one next to the red-head kid. Sitting at the end of the table seems like too much responsibility for me to have. Emmy jumped into the one at the end.

"Oh- hey! Is that your little sister or something?" Red-head was probably just trying to avoid an awkward silence.
"Yeah, Emmy" I say in return. She waves vigorously.
"Oh, there's a kid here? Alright, how old are you, bud?" Viking uhh- oh yeah, Vicky said with a heavy sigh. I looked up confused. Isn't this just a family game night? What could be so raunchy my 8 year-old sister can't play?
"I'm eight miss" Emmy said "and a half" she looked extremely proud of herself. Vicky sighed heavily.
"God fucking damnit-" she muttered under her breath quickily. "Kid, we're gonna play poker. I don't think your parent's would appreciate you playing that much." Emmy's smile dropped, I glared at her trying to make sure she didn't make a bad impression. We made eye contact and she let out a loud "fiiiiine". I guess it could have been worse. She jumped out of the chair and started walking circles around the table. Nobody reacted much.

Trying to get rid of any possible tension in the room I spoke.
"So..." I said, dragging out my words, "we're playing poker? How do you do that?" I gave a smile and hot emo kid rolled his eyes at me. Greeaaat.
"Ah yes ahem- let's go over the rules of poker my fellow degenerates." Vicky said with a smirk. I like her vibes.
"Uhm... whoever wins..." Heavy started
"We're with you Heavy, we're playing with debtor's rights where you repay your losses with hard labor." Sir fucking emo interupted. Okay maybe I won't have a crush on this guy. Why is he such a smartass?? You don't need all the big words. It seems Heavy understood less than me because he simply looked down with an "uhh.." He raised his voice.
"Whoever loses gets house cleaning duty for a week." Heavy gasped at the notion.
"Wait a minute, what if (Y/N) or dad lose? Does that mean they have to clean?" Heavy smiled.
"Nope!"
"Crap! But whyy?"
"Because dad and I are playing for money." Vicky stated, "In the event of defeat, we are losing cold hard cash. Plus I'm not making this kid clean someone else's house the day they move in. He's here for shits and giggles." I knew I wouldn't have to clean but hearing it straight from their mom's mouth was a relief.
"Basically since your dad and I are already adults and you guys are just kids-" Vicky had interrupted herself by accidentally getting cigarette ash on the poker chips. I'm not the biggest fan of smoking, but I can't hold my breath the entire time I'm here so I'll have to deal.
"AH SONOVABITCH-" She paused and then sighed, tapping the dust off while muttering various courses under her breath. Jesus I hope Emmy doesn't pick up on this shit. It doesn't look like she's paying attention anyways fiddling with the leg of my chair.

"...Glam, Shuffle cards."
"Okay!" Glam picks up the cards and starts shuffling them. It's kind of insane how good he is at this- How often does this family do this?
"I mean... seeing as how you're good at it, you can... dish out chips."
"Okay!" I snort at Glam's little response. As He hands out the chips Vicky continues talking.