Chapter 3: Sunday

First section includes implied panic attacks and trauma. Skip to past the ellipses to avoid

...

I run in panic as if the only thing I've been taught my entire life is to run. The wires in my brain fry as I sprint down the trees behind my school. I know I shouldn't run in a binder but the static in my brain and the tears streaming down my face barely let me think.

Fuck.

I'm backed into a corner. I can't climb over the fence. Blurred faces walk towards me laughing. My nails dig into my skin from fear. A foriegn hand rushes towards me; I sob harder.

...

I jolted up, head fuzzy and blurry. I feel as if I slept upside down as my head pounds, eyes burn, the skin on my arm feels so dry and rough. I rub my eyes, assessing my surroundings.

Boxes everywhere, the walls are a soft yellow with light coming out of a window with no blinds. I'm sitting on my bed. I grasp at the sheets, grounding myself. Right. I'm in Russia.

I drop my head back down onto the soft mattress and check my phone: 9:45 AM. I cover my eyes with my forearm in a heavy sigh. It's too early for this bullshit. Sunday is when I get to cool off- not absolutely die inside.

I lay down for a little longer before getting up with a yawn. I don't think I can go to bed after having a stupid dream. I make my way downstairs dragging myself along as if my legs are detached from the rest of my body. The layout of the house is so different from my old one, I almost walk into the bathroom when trying to navigate into the kitchen. I see my mom making breakfast. I pull up a chair and give up on holding my own head on my shoulders.

"Rough night?"

I only nod in response.

We spend another few minutes sitting in silence. Not an uncomfortable one by any means, if anything, the sound of mom making food helped me calm down. I closed my eyes with my head on the table, listening to the food as it was my only lifeline back to reality.

Hearing a bowl slide across the granite countertop makes me raise my head just enough to see the bowl. She made Phở. I look up at her with a nod of appreciation, pouring in some sauce as my mom talks.

Mom simply fills the air with whatever is on her mind at the moment. The topic jumps around ranging from how she likes animals but wouldn't want to own a dog, to talking of going out shopping in a few hours for groceries. I absently nod at what she's saying even though most of my attention is on the noodles. A certain topic on her mind catches my attention as she rambles on.

"After I get more spring roll sheets for the neighbors, we need to buy you stuff for school. It's Sunday, and I'm planning to start sending you to the school near here on monday. It's within walking distance so you can just walk; unless you want to ride the bus with other kids, but I'm pretty sure you..." She continues rambling as I zone back into my own thoughts.

That's right.

School.

I'm not sure what my schedule will be, or how school even works out here. I give out an exaggerated sigh within my head but the only thing that comes out is an eye-roll. I eat the last piece of meat in my bowl leaving only soup. I look back up at her, she's making exaggerated movements with her hands as she talks. I think I got that from her.

"So when are we heading out?" I ask

"Oh, probably around noon, Emily still needs to wake up so we can buy things for her as well." she states, "Can you walk her to school?" I suppress an eye roll and give a nod. I get up and put away my bowl.

Tomorrow is going to be so annoying.
—————————————
Word count: 691

Hi, sorry for the short chapter, this was basically a filler to get me back into writing

This past while I've been struggling with depressive and delusional episodes, but it's slowly passing don't worry. Faster and longer updates will be happening soon!

Thank you for bearing with me, have another ChesGlam drawing I made the other day)))