Chapter 2: Let's Practice?

"Another competition?" Fred seemed more concerned than any one of us in the room although Maths wasn't his strongest subject. "I heard them talking, it's gonna be the usual Team A versus Team B but this time they'll pick two students from each grade to go in opposite teams."

"Seems fair to m..." I hesitated as soon as I realized we'd be teamed up with students from different grades.

"Oh guys..." Great. Whenever that clumsy desk mate of mine joined any conversation like that, it usually led to a series of unfortunate events. "Ma'am just gave ME the list of students picked for both the teams..."

"Will you just tell us already, Bern?" Hansel couldn't hide his desperate desire to be on one of those teams so he could flash his hazel eyes at those whores tripping all over him in school.

Maybe this was why I'm the only girl in their all boys group. I'm the only one who can see right through them.

"It's her from our class." Bern pointed at me. "Nancy is gonna be on Team B and she's going against..."

"Don't tell me." Fred saw it coming. We all did.

"Yeap... It's Ronan, the soccer hunk. Oh, this is gonna be exciting after last time." Bern giggled remembering what happened during the inter-class debate competition last time.

"The practice starts today and you guys have four days. As usual, all the participants will practice in one room, different corners. It's almost lunch time anyway so you better get moving Nans," Bern just wanted to see me embarrassed.

We were assigned to the only computer lab in school and surprisingly, I was the only one there.

"Mhmm... Let me take you dancing. Two steps to the bedroom..." Doing the most gawky moonwalk, I continued singing. "Anything could happen, ever since I met you..." I gave a little twirl and was about to do a Micheal Jackson pose when I saw Ronan standing in the doorway.

I toppled and fell over.

Being the gentleman he was, he burst out laughing.

"Mind giving me a hand, asshole?"

"Ayee, don't you take it out on me. I never taught you to be a graceless little boy." He smirked knowing that it would tick me off.

I threw myself at him, slapping my palm against his chest. "What did you just call me?"

I shouldn't have done that. He looked really pissed. Oh God... What was I thinking?

I moved my hand away and just as I was about to take a step back, he elegantly slid his arm around my waist, holding me in the most awkward position.

He leaned forward, making my waist bend. I held onto his arm.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"What did you think I'd do?" He asked just inches away from my face.

I tried to push him back so he'd let go of me instead he tightened his grip around my waist and used the other hand to steady me against him.

I could feel his warmth against my face... Or was it just me burning up because he was so damn close to me?

He gave a sweet smile and I broke out of my fantasy, struggling against him, least expecting him to pull me in even tighter. I could feel something hard against my belly...

I gasped as I realised he was throbbing against me. I did that to him?

"Umm, you should let go of me now." Completely flushed as I said that.

He loosened the grip and just as I was about to walk away. He grabbed my arm and held me against the door.

"Did you really think you can get away that easily, sweetheart?" He put both his hands against the door holding me in between. I felt my breathing get heavier.

What was going on?

He moved his head in closer, licking his lower lips as he moved his gaze down from my face till the top of my blouse.

"It's raining..." I gulped. Really, Nancy? That's all you've got? I didn't dare to push him away... I didn't dare to touch him.

"Mhmm... And the room's empty. I bet no one's gonna hear you scream."

A/N

I wonder what Ronan has on his mind?...

What do you think? Was this just some silly joke?