Chapter 3: Awkward Encounter

He slid his fingers down my arm while keeping his gaze locked on my now-turned-red face. I felt those fingers move to my back and tuck out my blouse.

"Ronan, I..."

"Shhh.." He whispered in my ears while slowly circling his thumb on my lower back. That one gesture made my legs weak.

He moved his hand lower, into the top of my skirt and...

"What the heck? How come the room's locked?" It was none other than Tessa, the slut. She was trying so hard to push the door open but couldn't thanks to Ronan putting all his strength in holding me captive between his arms.

I saw his jaw clench. Pushing his hand away, I managed to free myself and immediately started to tuck in my blouse.

Ronan let go of his hand on the door and Tessa who was leaning on it, while turning the door knob, almost fell in.

"Oh hey there. I didn't expect you to actually come..., " Tessa's seductive tone instantly turned into a bitchy one when she saw me standing in a corner out of breath, "and what were you doing? Running a marathon?"

"Don't..." I pulled out the nearest chair in front of me and nearly crumpled on it. My legs were completely out of balance. I couldn't get my head around what just happened.

Almost all the participants rushed in the moment our teacher in-charge walked in.

She began explaining the rules and how we were to go through the competition. I had my focus on her words until I looked up and saw Ronan, who was seated right across me in the other corner of the room, looking down at my shoes.

He moved his gaze up while touching his lips with his fingers as if in some deep thought.

I didn't even want to know what he was thinking, honestly.

...Lie. An honest lie.

He caught me staring and I immediately looked away. What does he want?

"... and that is how we'll decide the winner" Miss Rachel noticed that everyone except me and Ronan heard her. "Ronan, can you repeat the first three rules I just stated?"

Ronan listed it out effortlessly while I stared at him in disbelief.

"Nancy.." Oh, boy. She seemed really disappointed already. "What were the categories I just discussed?"

"Umm, well... It..." And that brought me detention for one day.

I can't believe she made me stay back after school to clean her office. I could hear the school soccer players training in the ground a few meters away.

"What the... How much trash does she store in her office?" I couldn't even pick up the trash can properly.

Heading towards the dump area, I tried not to slip on the concrete path.

I was just cursing my fate when there was a whisper behind me.

"Boo..."

And that was all needed to startle me. One turn, one slip and the trash can went flying out of my hands.

He caught my elbow.

"Ronan, you asshole! What the heck is wrong with you?" I was trembling with anger, looking at the mess that he caused.

"If you're gonna be that ungrateful for having me save your damn ass, I might as well just let you fall" He loosened his grip and I realized at that moment, I was at his mercy for not falling into the mud puddle right behind me.

--------------------------

"You're such a jerk!" I screamed at him as I struggled to get the mud off my skirt. I couldn't believe that he actually dropped me. "The fuck is wrong with you?"

"You were the one being an ungrateful little bitch. Did you think I'd be kind enough to watch you disrespect me?"

My entire self was bathed in mud. How was I suppose to go home like this?

"Don't you dare talk about respect with me! The only thing that you deserve is this.." I threw up both my middle fingers at him.

He moved a step closer, his eyebrows twitching as he said, "You wanna go another round?"

I stomped my feet out of frustration and rushed towards the restroom. The only thought I had now was of revenge...

A/N

What do you think Nancy plans to do?

Why is Ronan showing two different sides to Nancy?

Let me know what you think of the story so far. Appreciate it.