Chapter 8: Double Date

"I don't think it's a bad idea, honestly..." I tried to convince Tessa and Kristian who were mad at Ronan for changing plans the last minute.

Ronan bought 2 tickets for a marvel movie.

I had absolutely no idea that Tessa and Kristian weren't a Marvel fan! "It was supposed to be a French romance, Ronan! You promised..." Tessa had the audacity to pick any movie over Black Widow? How dare she? She crossed her arms over her chest expressing her annoyance. That made me more annoyed.

"Well, I absolutely love Natasha Romanoff. There's no way I'm watching anything other than that" I claimed pointing to the poster right in front of us giving puppy eyed looks to Kristian.

Ronan let out a sigh. "I'm not missing any Marvel movie. I was planning to watch it tomorrow but" He shrugged "Change of plans I guess".

Tessa stomped her feet, desperately hoping Ronan would change his mind. "I already bought 2 tickets for Paris, 13th District".

"Well, so did I"

Kristian and I watched the most desired high school couple fight over their first date. Kristian gave me a squeeze as if apologising and walked over to Ronan.

"Look, the movies are about to start and it's not gonna do either of us any good arguing like this."

"Well, what do you want me to do? Exchange dates?"

Tessa and I stared at Ronan. He actually suggested to exchange dates?

"We're supposed to be on a date with each other, Ronan." She exclaimed while pointing at the two of them. "For God's sake, let's just watch a romantic movie."

For the first time, I agreed with Tessa. Except for the part where we had to skip Black Widow.

Kristian took a deep breathe and looked at me, his eyebrows narrowing as if asking me for permission. I could sense him getting impatient. At the same time, I could sense he was going to suggest something I would completely despise. Just as I was about to shake my head in dismay, he turned to Ronan.

"I know it was supposed to be a date but... Let's split up. I'll take Tessa to watch Paris, 13th District, you take Nancy for Black Widow. Deal?"

"Whatever"

My jaw dropped. Why Kris? I did not question it as I did not want to sound like a whining kid. But I was genuinely disappointed.

"You're such a darling, Kris. An absolute gentleman." Tessa seemed to have won a lottery the way her eyes were glittering. I felt my jaw clench.

A gentleman he was. Ah well, at least he was thoughtful for the both of us girls. I hesitantly waved a goodbye to Kris as we headed to the separate theatres. Little did I know, what was coming my way.

______________________

"Stick to your seat, Nans", Ronan kept on reminding me not to jump out of my seat thanks to all the excitement. But I couldn't help it.

"Isn't she gorgeously absolutely amazing?" I exclaimed as I watched Natasha fight off several women at once.

Ronan stayed quiet for a second. I didn't want to take my eyes off the screen but something in his silence made my head turn. He wasn't even watching the movie. He was watching... Me.

"Yeap, gorgeous."

"I was talking 'bout Natasha."

"I know. I wasn't."

My heart skipped a beat. What did he mean he wasn't? I stared at him wondering if he was thinking straight. He just called me gorgeous. My face began to turn red. I couldn't stay there any longer.