Chapter 3: Co-ed dorm rooms

Kars sprawled out on your teeny tiny bed. You had a 'consult' for work, and he complained that he was tired.

"He'll be fine here, right?"

"Yeah."

"Iida."

"He's safe anywhere. Look at him."

You sighed, a worried gaze directed to the alien.

The door behind you opened. Another student stumbled in. She stopped, and looked between the three of you.

"Why do you look like parents scolding their lazy teenager? And who the fuck is the hot guy and why is he not on my bed?"

"That is my friend. And you will leave him alone."

"If he wants to be alone." She wriggled her eyebrows at you.

Iida looked displeased. No. Uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry." He said. "We thought she would be gone for most of the day. We should head to my place."

"But you said it's far away."

"It is. You'll regret staying here if you choose to."

"He doesn't speak English?"

"Let him alone, Diane." You said.

Kars sat up slowly. He watched you type rapidly on your laptop, last minute adjustments to your work.

"Fine." He relented.

Iida nodded. Kars watched his shoulders sag in relief.

"We'll leave with Y/N."

"You guys aren't talking about eating me, are you?"

"I wish he would eat me."

"Dont make me get the Holy Water, Diane."

-------------

It was another 20 minutes to walk you to campus. Another 25 to walk to Iida's apartment.

Not counting the coffee/water break Iida forced on him.

"Just because you're indestructible, doesnt mean that I am." Iida panted.

Kars looked out at the traffic on the small Avenue. Like a civilian. Iida asked if he wanted cake.

"You're eating? At this point in time? You were half dead two seconds ago."

"Y/N would be sad if we didnt get cake for her. We can eat it later, man."

The waiter waited. Kars rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you're having."

This was so domestic.

So unreal to him. While he and his companions were busy scheming, this was a normal person's life. Walking their friends to school. Ordering cake after almost passing out.

You guys weren't even walking that long.

You weren't as out of breath as Iida was a moment ago. He made a mental adjustment to prefer referring to you for anything.

"So, 2 death by chocolate with extra cream." The waiter read the order back. "1 tiramisu. 1 dog treat cake. 1 pupiccino. 3 cappuccino to go. 1 still, 2 sparkling waters. Anything else?"

"Do you see anything close to your world? You can order whatever you want."

"No. That's an extensive amount of things to carry back anyway."

Carrying. For crying out loud. He's a God now and he's helping a human carry all of this stuff to his apartment!

He's supposed to be above this. In his own castle, with servants and enchanted items. There were supposed to be quests to kill him, where he would be residing far up a treacherous mountain. It would be a judge of a worthy hero for the town. Well, how far to him they could get.

Not this.

"You're adjusting to this reality quite well." Iida said. He opened his water bottle.

It hissed. What the fuck. He's supposed to be so far away from this. Fizzy, angry, hissy water. And he would have to drink it too.

He should really stop relying on this human. Take matters into his own hands and find a way to seek the reality he was meant to be in.

But he couldn't bring himself to. He wanted to see where this could go. How long until the Speedwagon Foundation finds him. How long could the two of you be willing to hide him.

"You know." Iida hummed. "We could just wait here until Y/N's consult is done. She has to walk past here anyway."

"How long is her consult?"

"She's almost done. And then the walk here. Gives us some time to talk about you're world. Is time of the essence?"

Usually it was. Iida didnt state minutes. He said whiles. How long where whiles? He thought Humans would live a bit faster.

Iida shrugged. He looked comfortable. So, Kars shrugged.

"Fine."

"You dont have to drink that. I can see you hesitating."

See him hesitating? The audacity.

He wasn't going to say a word now. He wouldn't answer Iida's questions. Didn't care that he had a dog. Didn't care that the dog was friendly.

Ah, you were here.

"Let's go." You said, stirring your drink while standing. "We might as well move me in. You guys are rested."

Kars could see your smug smile, Iida's realization and dismay. You were the instigator of the time wasting.

"Come on. I want to see my dog."

"My dog."

"My dog."

"Our dog."

"No, Iida. I'm a single parent to him! He has no father. Just like in White Oleander."

"I feel like you're taking the wrong parts from stories. Let's get married for real, and co-parent him."

"Let me get my degree first. Bruh."

"Dont call me that. I'm your betrothed, now."

"Bruh, but romantically."

So far away from this. He was supposed to be so far away from this.

They were basically loitering outside the cafe. A few feet from where they were. Stagnant.

He looked up at the sky and sighed. He was the only God he could pray to now.

"Let's go." You tugged at your fiance's arm. "He's getting tired again."