Chapter 4: Expert

Kars nodded a thank you, as you set his cup of tea down in front of him. Iida handed him his slice of cake with a tiny dessert fork, then asked if he wanted a bigger fork.

"No. This is fine."

"Give him a bigger fork."

"I just asked him that."

He was holding it with his thumb and index finger. Pinching the end of the fork to use it.

Until he wasn't.

You replaced the dessert fork for a more standard size one. He never had anyone grab anything from him. Esidisi just recently stopped that bad habit...

He let you add the sugar to his cup for him.

"There." You said accomplished. "This is his house now, we just live here."

Kars looked around the Iida's - His - lounge. The buttery looking labrador sat at his feet gave a heavy sigh.

"We brought cake for you too, Charles."

There was a sudden thwacking noise that made Kars still. It was Charlie's tail betraying his excitement despite his sulky expression.

"This is their house now." You corrected through the mouthful of your dessert. "We're being allowed to live here."

"We pay rent with cake." Iida played along.

"And belly rubs."

"Are you going to give Kars a belly rub?"

"I just might. Let's see where the night takes us."

All of your things sat in boxes around them. It really seemed to erk you. Between bites of your dessert, you carried a box to your room. Then Iida joined. So Charlie joined walking to and back, excited about the prospect of having three beings to spoil him.

Kars watched you all go to and fro. You and Iida not so sneakily stole bites from each other.

So fucking domestic. He should be disgusted by all of this.

He took a sip from his cup. It was the same tea you gladly drank. It was disgusting. Tea wasn't suppose to be made with bags.

He finished the last bite of his disgustingly chocolatey cake, just as the three of you settled.

"He looks quite happy, eh?"

"I think we're doing good has homeland ambassadors."

Disgusting. How would they see contentment instead of the disgust he felt? Humans were stupid, after all. He shouldn't expect anything further than entertainment.

"You think we can make his smile bigger?"

"Let him alone, Diane." You said, deflating to the floor.

Charlie pranced over to you. Then onto you. You became his bed, which seemed like the wanted out come for both parties.

Disgusting.

"The girls wanted to do a sleep over."

"When?"

"Tonight. Yayorozu's place."

"Did you add the plus one?" You asked. "We cant leave him here alone."

Iida explained the situation in Japanese. Kars' patience had no bounds, he was very proud of that.

Iida explained the concept of sleepovers, his friends, their personalities-

"Why is it taking you so long? Does he not want to go?"

"Hes not from here," he said.

Kars had to put an end to this. Now. He was going to lose his mind.

"Yes. Fine. Whatever."

You side eyed the both of them. Kars' tone must have been too sharp...

"So, he doesnt want to come."

Dear Himself.

Then, he realized you were joking. You did understand him some what.

"Can you ask him to help me move the bed?"

"You dont like where it is?"

"No."

Kars moved the bed and the thick wooden frame by himself. You both stood in the doorway, a stupid expression of awe on your faces.

"Hes so strong."

"But can he beat Goku?" You eloquently asked.