7.

Third P.O.V

As Ryujin opened the door of her mansion, laughter could be heard everywhere. Her house was filled with life and happiness. She could tell that Yeji had company. As she walked into the living room, her ears resonated with the cute giggles and laughter coming from the cat-eyed girl. She then witnessed Yeji press her lips against the cheek of the other girl and hug her tightly. Ryujin didn't know that the older girl had such a bubbly side to her, since she was always upset and moody around her. 

It pained Ryujin's heart knowing that she wasn't the cause of the girl's happiness. The two girls who were sitting down were so wrapped up in their own world that they still hadn't seen the younger girl standing by the door. The blonde haired girl didn't want to interrupt them, she felt as if she was an intruder, most likely to ruin the beautiful moment the two girls were in.

"Jisu, you're the best person I could've ever met, I don't know how I could've gone through high school without you..."

"Aww, thanks Yeji, but I'm the one who's lucky to have stumbled upon such a charming, beautiful woman like you" Jisu kissed the red haired girl on the forehead.

"Stop it! You're making me blush! I hate you!" Yeji said in a smile, returning the kiss.

"I love you too princess"

The interaction had caused Ryujin to shy away in the corner, wanting to blend in with the wall. The pain in her chest grew and became stronger. She had felt betrayed somehow, feeling as though she had been cheated on. The exchange of laughter and smiles between the girls made Ryujin feel terrible. It was a pain that not even the greatest writer could describe. Time seemed to have stopped and Ryujin was stuck in a moment of terror. 

In stoic silence, the blonde haired girl stared off into space, her body becoming numb. Her fists clenched and jaw hardened, a lump forming in her throat. At some point in time she had stopped breathing, causing a small pain form in her head. It wasn't long before Ryujin realized this and began to breathe again, but in an unsteady pace. Her heartbeat had become faster and her face reddened. As she tightened her lips, Ryujin felt the bottomless pit in her stomach deepen. A black hole had been created and it seemed to be sucking the life out of her. A cave had formed itself inside her and she no longer felt happy. The void that she had managed to temporarily fill had appeared once again, and it didn't seem like it was going to leave any time soon. She was jealous of the strong friendship the girls shared. Jealous of the way Jisu made Yeji happy. Jealous of how Jisu was easily loved and trusted by the older girl.

But why was she jealous? It's not like she knew Yeji anyway. She was just a girl from high school who had now turned into her love interest. Ryujin wasn't the possessive type, so why was she jealous of a friend that Yeji had?

"Miss Shin! You're early today! I didn't even see you drive in"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I wanted to see how Yeji was doing....but by the looks of it..."

Ryujin looked past her maid and focused once again on the two girls who were now looking her way. They had been brought to their attention by Tiffany exclaiming the presence of her boss. While Jisu was politely smiling, Yeji's mood seemed to have been brought down drastically as she was now glaring at her and rolling her eyes.

"Miss Yeji has had company all day, she's astounding" Tiffany innocently smiled, taking Ryujin's jacket and hanging it up while the younger girl walked towards the other two.

Jisu followed Ryujin's steps with her gaze, slowly grabbing onto the older girl's hand. She was never afraid of the blonde girl, but being in her house after so many years seemed kind of strange. She looked as Ryujin bowed down to her and then smiled, proceeding to introduce herself.