Not Invincible.

I do not own Unordinary, it is owned by it's respective owners. Please support the official content.

John hadn't seen this side of Kate before. A bottle of half finished alcohol in one hand with a used tissue in the other. It was hard to tell from here but John swore she was crying. The woman in such an emotional state that she couldn't sense him.

"You stupid bitch..." She cursed seemingly at herself.

She chug the bottle of alcohol before slamming it onto the counter top. The glass shattering and John saw that Kate had only the top part of the bottle in her hand. The bottle now had sharp edges to it. Kate looked at the sharpen edges as if contemplating about something.

"No...your doing it for him." Kate snapped at herself.

For him? Is she talking about him? Yes, she was talking about him. Yet this brought on more sets of questions for John. Though as of right now he didn't know how to act on Kate's emotional turmoil. He wanted to help her but the teen didn't know how too. John decided it was best to leave the room. That way at the very least he'll be able to not be in her way or stand in front of her like a buffon. What the hell was he going to say anyways? John ducked back into his room and went onto his bed. He covered himself with his blanket before closing his eyes. As if he was acting asleep. However, John let his mind work.

'Do you...need help?'

John kicked himself. Of course she needed help and he began to think of the possible ways to start the conversation. However, his mind kept hitting dead end after dead end and this seem to frustrate him even further.

'Deep breaths. Deep breaths.'

He would just have to use what Kate taught him. John immediately sat up straight without a moment wasted. That was it! The bating cage!

'It might work.'

Now to tell Kate he was up.

"I swear to god Kate, if you're making inedible food again!" John yelled.

He heard feet moving about and John knew the glass was being picked up. Then John recieved an answer back.

"I'm getting some donuts! Ungrateful brat!" She yelled.

John waited a few minutes for Kate to recompose herself. The Male headed out of his room to see her walking pass the hallway's entrance.

"Hey!" John called after her.

Kate poked her head back and John nearly shivered at her expression. She looked like she hadn't just contemplated suicide nor broken a good bottle of alcohol. Kate's pocker face is terrifying. John never felt such pure fear in his life.

"What's got you all pale? Did you have a nightmare?" Kate asked.

"Uhm...bating cage..." John got out.

"Sure, after we eat." Kate replied.

Kate happily left before returning to John's home with breakfast in hand. The pair eat rather quietly as John was still too nervous to talk to her. That plus with his lack of knowledge on how to avoid landmines. He prefered to keep quiet instead of getting himself into a world of trouble. After eating the two left for the bating cage.

An explosion-like sound could be heard as Kate's bat hit the ball and instantly sending it into the homerun bullseye on the wall. She did it again and John could see Kate giving a thousand yard stare at the wall. She grew a pissed off expression before sinking the bat into the ball as it then slammed itself into the wall before violently bouncing off of it. John had to remind himself that if he stared too long. She would catch on and proceeded to hit the ball. It flew but he didn't have Kate's skill and it hit the ground before it could go any further. John tried again with the result being about the same.