Of Lies and Deception.

I do not own UnOrdinary, it is owned by Uru-Chan. Please support the official content on WebToon and any other sites.

John stood in front of Alex. He took in a deep breath as he prepared himself to say the very things that he did not want to say. John put up a front in order to mask his emotions. As if he wanted to join Alex. 

"I want to be apart of your group and show her that she is wrong." John stated.

"Atta boy, now follow me. I'll take you to our base so that you can meet everyone." Alex said.

John followed Alex as the man took him to a vehicle. The child went to the back of the car and opened the door for himself. John sat down while Alex closed the door behind him. The Man walking around to get to the driver's side. Which became clear that Alex is the driver. Alex got in and started the car. The drive was surprisingly short. As after about 15 minutes they went into an alleyway. The car was parked next to a brick wall. John followed Alex out of the car in order to walk towards a metal door. Alex knocked on the door a few times before he saw a slot in the metal door slide right open. The pair of eyes studied Alex.

"Death of Cathy." Alex said.

The door opened after the phrase. The Man looked at John before looking at Alex.

"Who is the kid?"

"He is the newest addition to the group that plans to do her in." Alex said.

John couldn't control his anger. These people were really trying to hurt Kate or even worse kill her. John failed to keep his emotions in check and he glared at the ground before him. His fists balled up in rage while they shaked without restraint.

"You sure? I don't know by that look."

Alex looked at John. The man began to have his doubts that John was serious and was beginning to suspect that Kate had put him up to sniffing him out.

'Damn it, I forgot why I'm here.' John thought.

'I bet that she didn't tell you.'

Alex's voice made John grow a smirk. He could lie here. He could turn Alex's doubt into reassurance. John looked up at the men with hatred in his eyes. He couldn't control everything just yet but he could take a page or two out of her book.

"I hate how she lied to me. I hate how she used me to make herself feel better. She never practices what she preaches and sounds like a hypocrite." John said with venom.

John felt his chest tighten as he said those words. However, he needed to protect her. This is the only way. Alex grew a grin.

"You were just that mad because of how she used you. I can see why you became all quiet, you had that much rage towards her. See? Everything's all right."

"Alright boss, he does have a legitimate reason."

John would be let inside and soon enough he was taken through a well light concrete tunnel by Alex. The pair reached a dead end only for Alex to clap his hands a few times. The concrete wall in front of them lowered itself down and John saw someone on the otherside of it.

"Thanks Crane. This is the new recruit. Don't worry, he checks out." Alex stated.

Crane gave a nod and just like the door that was closed after they walked through it. The concrete wall was put back in place as they shortly reached a well lit lobby filled with at least a few dozen people. Everyone were either talking with one another or moving about the area. In the middle of the room were couches and chairs filled with people and beyond the entire horde of people. There were two stairways that lead up to the second floor. The silver color railing had half a dozen people. John focused his attention on the bar located on the left side of the lobby. It was filled with patrons. The right wall had a doorway that lead to somewhere.