Realization.

I don't own anything, it is owned by it's respective owners. Please support the official content.

"Okay, you really are off the rails. It wouldn't be difficult to help someone weaker then you and be nice to them. That's my advice to you." Kate said.

"Why would I do that?" John asked her.

"Not answering for you, report to me when you get done." Kate said.

The woman shut the door in his face as John grew more furious at the woman. Who the hell did she think she was!? His mom!? John stormed off and power walked his way down the street. He kicked the pebble to try to relieve his frustration.

'Stupid woman. Why the hell can't she tell me!? It's not like helping someone will help me.' John thought.

The Teen didn't watch where he was going and slammed into someone. John made the kid fall over with John glaring harshly at the fallen teen. The other kid must have recongized him because he looked at John with fear.

"Can't you see me walking!? Get out of the way!" John shouted.

John continued walking forward with his mood turning more sour. People were so stupid nowadays. His time alone would be mainly uneventful until he happened upon a scene.

"Hey, you gonna give us the money you owe us!?" A Teen asked.

John stop to watch three kids ganging up on one person. They were all trying to get money out of the helpless boy.

"He is shaking like a puppy! This too good!" One laughed out.

John quietly clicked his tongue while his eyes started to form disgust.

"I paid you guys the other day..." The boy weakly protested.

"What was that ya low tier bastard?" The boy asked.

John remembered Kate's words from beforehand. He didn't need to help this weakling and he could care less about her advice.

'What is helping him going to do? He will remain weak no matter what happens. The Weak suck up to the powerful even if you help the weak they'll betray you. Exactly like Claire. She only used me to keep herself safe.' John thought.

He looked at the kid that must have seen him because their eyes locked for a moment.

"Let's say I help you, then you'll betray me as well.' John thought.

The Teen stuffed his hands in his pocket and walked away from the scene. John had made up his decision. He did return home an hour later to find Kate still at his house. The woman welcomed him inside and they went into the living room.

"So?" She asked.

"So what?" John asked.

"Did you help someone out?" Kate asked.

John scoffed at her.

"Why would I help someone that'll just betray me?" John asked.

'You're afraid of being hurt huh? I have no answers on how to fix that problem of yours but I won't give up on you.'

Kate had been wired to be a introvert. She had very few friends and they haven't betrayed her. Thus, she couldn't fully comprehend John on that frontier.

"I don't know the answer to that or at least how to give people your trust again." Kate replied.

John gave her a weary look but wouldn't give her shit. At least she wasn't preaching about giving people his trust and or how he was afraid of doing it. He appreciated the amount of honesty to reveal her true opinion on the matter. Though his appreciate of her left his body as the woman thrusted him back outside.